2,416 results
All reviews serenity pool golf course full kitchen water slides bedroom suite adult pool time share stayed in building main pool washer and dryer wild goats waikoloa village smaller pool pool area master bath the main hotel shuttle service
Reviewed October 31, 2011

My wife and I stayed at Hilton's Kings Land for one week in September'11. We are Hilton Grand Vacation Club members and this was our first stay at Kings Land. The resort sits beside a golf course less than a mile from the ocean. There is no ocean view from the resort. The lobby and facilities center is located in the center of the complex with units fanning out to the left and right. There's a large pool there but it has only a maximum depth of 4 feet.

We stayed in a two-bedroom unit on the first floor. Although the furnishings were modern and well appointed, the size of the living room/kitchen was not all that large. The master bathroom is attached to the master bedroom as one big space so there isn't much privacy between the two. The second bedroom and bathroom were fine. The lanai space was merely adequate. The kitchen had all modern appliances and all needed utensils.

The staff for the most part were courteous, helpful, and friendly. One of the bartenders was especially nice and made us feel welcome and relaxed. He gave us useful tips on where to go for eats and activities.

Would have enjoyed a roomier unit with a larger lanai and an ocean view but all in all it was a nice place to spend a week, after all it's in paradise.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank dpoog
Reviewed October 19, 2011

We just returned from our trip to the Big Island and absolutely loved it! Upon check in, I inquired if I could possible request a specific building. The agent said that since I was on an RCI exchange, I could choose between building 1, 2 or 3. Due to the recommendation of Iluvhi on TA, i chose building 3 and the agent said she could offer us either the 1st or 2nd floor. She chimed in that she would choose the 2nd floor for the view of the serenity pool and the private lanai. I asked if either were an end unit and she said that the 2nd floor unit was so that solidified the deal! We got unit 3207 which was just perfect! Our view was straight out overlooking the serenity pool and I'm glad we went with the 2nd floor because the view was just lovely. The 1st floor would have looked out more onto the black wrought iron gate around the pool. Being on the end, we really didn't hear any noise from above or the side of us and you gotta love that serenity waterfall for providing excellent white noise-so soothing, especially when we had the lanai slider or bedroom window open. We slept with the a/c on the first 2 nights, but then switched to just leaving the slider and window open with the ceiling fan going as between the trade winds and the fan, we were perfectly comfortable! The unit itself was amazing as we wanted for nothing and we found the service throughout the resort to be impeccable. My BF called to inquire about a trash chute or dumpster and the person at the front desk said "Oh, we will be right over to pick it up". Sure enough, someone sped over in a golf cart and picked up our trash within 2 minutes! At the pool, they give you wristbands to wear but I tore mine off the first day (didn't want the tan line!) and never wore it the rest of the time. A new color is given each day to prevent 'pool crashers', but no one ever checked, as there isn't pool waiter service. If you desire a drink or food, you simply walk over to the bar area. I kept my pool towels overnight and exchanged them as needed. The bands are given by the towel attendants in the booth, but whenever I just exchanged, they never inquired. We never ate on property but did enjoy a few Lava Flows and the bartender was very friendly. Upon check in, we were given a one day pass to the spa at the Hilton Waikoloa hotel to use the facilities as well as a 2 for 1 breakfast coupon. We never used either although I really did want to use the spa pass.

The concierge desk was always at least 2 or 3 people deep, so they could probably use more help. The front desk was very accommodating as on our last day, our flight did not leave until 9:35pm. We requested a later checkout than the standard 10am but were only granted a 11:00am checkout. They kindly explained that we were welcome to use the pool all day and showed us the locker room/bathroom that we could use to freshen up. This was excellent as the bathroom was as large as a spa locker area with 2 showers, lockers and plenty of towels. There was a hair dryer in there and a large counter to get ready. It was decorated just as well as the rest of the resort.

I spent the 1st day at the serenity pool, but then switched over to the adult pool the rest of the trip as I preferred a little more atmosphere. The adult pool was slightly warmer. The super pool is huge and it never felt even faintly crowded as there were only about 20 people max in each section. October is an excellent time to visit as there were hardly any children at the resort or the island in general and the weather was perfect. 83 degrees every day with the trade winds picking up in the afternoon. We were never too hot and it felt like there was little humidity. We are already planning out next trip to be in Sept-Nov of 2012! We used to think that Kauai was our favorite island, but the Big Island is now the front runner! We really enjoyed Waikoloa for the convenience of the area and the picturesque nearby beaches.

Room Tip: Try to request Floors 2 or 3. Building 5 and 7 would be closest to the super pool, but 3 faces the serenity pool. No matter which building you are in though, the walk to the super pool is by no means far!
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
5  Thank spaeatsleep
Reviewed October 18, 2011

Stayed in a 2 bedroom suite with my spouse and 2 young children. The room exceeded expectations and provided a fantastic base for an excellent vacation. Any “cons” below are extremely minor. I would recommend this location 100%.

There are restaurants on site, but the hours are not that fantastic. This is just an FYI and not really an issue. The kitchen and supplies in the suites are more than adequate, but just something to think about if you don’t feel like cooking.

Pros : A beautiful suite with lots of space. Fully stocked modern kitchen and large bathrooms (HUGE master suite bathroom!). Plenty of places to eat close by (if you don’t feel like cooking in your suite, or eating on-property). Access to the grounds at Hilton Waikoloa. Grocery store is close by with all the essentials at reasonable (for Hawaii) prices. Free parking.

Cons: The zero-entry “sand” area of the pool is a neat idea, but it is more like small pebbles vs. sand. It’s a bit tough on the feet, but the kids didn’t seem to notice.

The posted pool policy signs at Hilton Waikoloa and Kings Land state no pool toys. Kings Land enforces the policy, but Hilton Waikoloa sells pools toys and allows their use. It’s mildly frustrating that both locations (both Hilton) have different enforcement policies.

Again, any cons are extremely minor. I definitely recommend this location.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank langrj
Reviewed October 17, 2011

We stayed in the 2 bed, 2 bath premium condo. The decor is gorgeous, not your usual cheesey hawaiian decor. The appliances are updated, fridge has a water dispenser and ice machine. The master bath is fabulous. The jacuzzi tub was wonderful. Bed was super comfortable. The grounds are beautiful. The pools are very nice and the water slides are fun too. We wished we had brought children with us. The kids pool would have been so fun for them. Everyone here is really nice. I will agree with other reviews that they take forever to bring your requested items. For instance, we asked for towels in the morning, we were gone all day and when we came back, still no towels. I really don't have any complaints about this place. I would definitely come back here. Plus there is a shuttle that runs to the big Hlton resort and the King's and Queen's marketplaces.

Room Tip: Top floor is your best bet
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ashley S
Reviewed October 6, 2011

This was our first time at the Kings' Land resort having stayed at two of the other Hilton Grand Vacations Properties in Waikaloa. The pool area is fabulous and it is also nice to have access to the Hilton Waikoloa ammenities as well. We also enjoyed some of the free activities such as the morning exercise classes and pool games. This is also a great location - a short drive to nice snorkeling spots and not to far to the Mauna Kea lookout. We will definitely return here in the future!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family