My family and I stayed at Kings' Land by Hilton Grand Vacations Club for two weeks and thoroughly enjoyed our stay once again. The entire resort is in tip top shape. The landscaping has matured but isn't overgrown. The staff bustles around ready with smiles and an "Aloha". We were greeted by name and made to feel like we had returned home after a long trip.
We arrived late on Tuesday night and were relieved to find out that the outdoor Bistro at the main Clubhouse building offered a buffet breakfast every morning which meant that we could eat breakfast the next morning before venturing down to Costco to stock up the refrigerator for our stay. We received coupons at check-in which allowed us to buy one buffet and get one free but I think we had to use them within a certain amount of time after check-in.
The buffet is regularly priced at $12 and consists of white rice, roasted breakfast potatoes, pancakes, scrambled eggs, Portuguese sausage, bacon, fresh fruit (pineapple, papaya, honeydew and cantaloupe melons), muffin bread that changed daily. Everything was delicious and we were able to go up for seconds.
We took advantage of the buffet on our last day before checkout also since we had to head right to the airport to catch our flight home.
I can't say enough good things about this resort. We especially loved that the bathrooms were stocked with Kohala Spa products instead of the Crabtree and Evelyn products. Not only are the products from Kohala Spa better quality but the packaging is easier on the figures as the tops to the Crabtree and Evelyn products have a tendency to cut finger tips.
More good news: Happy Hour has been extended to 7:30pm all summer with entertainment including some hula dancing on the weekends. The bistro is open longer also.
Here are a few tips to help you enjoy your stay at Kings' Land or anywhere in Hawaii for that matter:
1. Recycle Recycle Recycle. If you don't know what to recycle, ask the front desk or recycle it and let housekeeping figure it out. Wash it out before you recycle.
2. Keep your thermostat set to a reasonable temperature. 69 isn't reasonable.
3. Do NOT feed the feral, stray cats. Not only do they become a nuisance and hang around expecting more, but if you feed it, it will poop and you do not want the gardens surrounding each building to start smelling like cat waste cooking in the sun. Also, what they don't eat attracts mongoose.
4. When you leave your chair at the pool, take your towel with you and return it to the bin at the Pool Service Desk. This allows the chair to dry and then be used by another guest.
5. Say Hi to Billy at the Bar. He loves to talk. And Shay at Pool Service Desk. Actually, all the staff love to talk and visit. Say hi to all of them. And smile and wave if the little Club Cars go by with a staff member in them.
We also noticed that machines were breaking up the lava across the way so we signed up for an owner's update. We told Mike, the sales person who met with us, that we were absolutely NOT interested in moving up to the next level, but he had to tell us about the "GREAT" deal they were having on the Kohala Suites since so many of those owners traded in their shares for Kings' Land.
He gave us the owner's update on what's happening at Kings' Land and showed us the great deal at Kohala but we opted out and were on our way in a little over an hour. We probably would have been out of there even earlier but we like to talk about Hawaii and Hilton and Kings' Land and where we think HGVC should concentrate their efforts, namely the Outer Banks of North Carolina. Well, Myrtle Beach in South Carolina is their next focus, so that's good enough for now.
So the good news is that the ground has been broken for the next phase of Kings' Land. Smaller units will be built which will be available for lower point values (8400). Once they're done, the pool area will undoubtedly become more crowded but that's ok because it was basically empty most of the time while we were there.
We just love Kings' Land and we hope you will too. We stayed in our favorite unit 3102 because we like the garden lanai and easy access to the grill areas. We love to watch the wildlife (except the cats since we are cat owners and seeing starving cats is not fun).
We spent many evenings watching the sunsets and stargazing from the unbelievably quiet adult pool.
If this review has been helpful, please let me know. Also, let me know if you have any questions about the resort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kings' Land by Hilton Grand Vacations resort is a stunning hotel on the Big Island of Hawaii in the heart of Waikoloa. Reminiscent of a lush, Hawaiian plantation and nestled among championship golf courses and the beauty and serenity of the Kohala Coast. Kings' Land by Hilton Grand Vacations hotel provides the perfect setting for your vacation in the South Pacific. Treat yourself to spectacular hotel accommodations with spacious one and two bedroom suites incorporating a casually elegant tropical style and featuring a superb variety of upscale amenities and furnishings. The suites offer all of the convenience of home including separate living and dining areas with wood-style flooring, a fully-equipped kitchen, washer/dryer and granite counter tops throughout. Enjoy flat-screen HD TVs, an enhanced entertainment sound system, and Wi-Fi. The master bedroom has a king bed, while the master bath has a luxurious sculptured tub and shower. Step out onto your own private lanai equipped with comfortable sofas and chairs, and enjoy the serene surroundings and tropical breezes of Waikoloa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hilton Hotels Direct, Priceline and Hotels.com so you can book your Kings' Land by Hilton Grand Vacations reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kings` Land By Hilton Grand Vacations Club Hotel Waikoloa