“Romano's”

Ranked #38 of 68 Restaurants in Waikoloa
Cuisines: American, Italian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Inspired by Italian trattoria cuisine, culture, and conversation, Romano's Macaroni Grill has been proudly serving unforgettable meals that leave a lasting impression to our deserving guests since 1988 - with knowledge, care and Italian charisma infused in everything we do. At Romano's Macaroni Grill, we know that for our guests any night out is a big night out - and it is our responsibility and privilege to treat it as such. That's why we start every meal off right: With a bottle of wine at the center of the table, while you explore our menu of expertly handcrafted rustic dishes and Italian classics. Warm distinctive touches, like our signature honor system wine and bustling open kitchen, create a memorable, sensory experience that you'll remember long after you leave the table.
Reviewed February 26, 2013

Be sure to read my review of Paradise Pizza which describes the area of Waikoloa Village. Basically there is very little around the area except condos and hotels. But there are two small shopping malls near by that have shops and restaurants. Macaroni Grill is one of those restaurants. Overall the experience is average, but the menu is good, food is good and so is the atmosphere.

If you are staying at a nearby condo, the great thing about Macaroni Grill is that it is within walking distance. So you can walk over there, have a nice meal, a few drinks, hang out on the patio if you want, watch the world go by and have a good time. Then have a nice walk back to the condo or hotel on a beautiful Hawaiian evening.

Be sure to have the crispy mozzarella appetizer! Very good!

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Worst food ever! Rubbery chicken ... The first dish.. Tasted spoiled. They took it back. Next dish was pasta with not too much sauce and bad chewy mushrooms, ugh too dry and no flavor. They took that back too. Never again. Only reason I gave it a 2 rating was waitress was so nice and the manager . Don't waste your time.

Reviewed February 24, 2013 via mobile

Local Family of 5 completely ignored for over 10 minutes without even water or an acknowledgment in the center of the restaurant with a half filled room mid day!

Tourist family gets seated and instantly served by 2 staff members- the works ( greetings, glasses of water and bread for their table) and ordered before staff left table.
I calmly asked for the manager after witnessing this and hostess apologizes and gets manager and explains my complaint before he gets to me.
Manager approaches out table and asked "what seems to be the problem?"
Are you kidding me?????? 3 adults, 2 children, no water- 10+ minutes of no service and no clue what the problem is?
I state the obvious and he asks " what would you like me to do? Get you water?"
Horrid Horrid service with an incompetent manager.

Servers tried to make up for it but at the point I will never ever step foot their again... Better yet I warn anyone from wasting your time or money there!

Food was mediocre and appeared within 5 minutes of our order (rumor it's mostly microwaved) explains a lot!

Very very pissed off and disappointed. If my children didnt have their heart set on "Mac n cheese" we would have stormed out of there. Shame on you manager!
No customer service or aloha or anything of the sort. F for Failure!!!

2  Thank Kihani12305
Reviewed February 23, 2013

Had lunch here and enjoyed splitting a flatbread pizza. The food was very good and we had good service.

Reviewed February 16, 2013

We expected their breakfast to be a bit nicer than it was. The food just wasn't up to par with other meals at dinner that we've had at this chain. Once was enough for us. We found a nice little local store with a deli that was better food and a better price.