“Kama'aina Beware! Horrible Service and overrated noodles.”

Romano's Macaroni Grill
Ranked #38 of 68 Restaurants in Waikoloa
Cuisines: American, Italian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Inspired by Italian trattoria cuisine, culture, and conversation, Romano's Macaroni Grill has been proudly serving unforgettable meals that leave a lasting impression to our deserving guests since 1988 - with knowledge, care and Italian charisma infused in everything we do. At Romano's Macaroni Grill, we know that for our guests any night out is a big night out - and it is our responsibility and privilege to treat it as such. That's why we start every meal off right: With a bottle of wine at the center of the table, while you explore our menu of expertly handcrafted rustic dishes and Italian classics. Warm distinctive touches, like our signature honor system wine and bustling open kitchen, create a memorable, sensory experience that you'll remember long after you leave the table.
Reviewed February 24, 2013 via mobile

Local Family of 5 completely ignored for over 10 minutes without even water or an acknowledgment in the center of the restaurant with a half filled room mid day!

Tourist family gets seated and instantly served by 2 staff members- the works ( greetings, glasses of water and bread for their table) and ordered before staff left table.
I calmly asked for the manager after witnessing this and hostess apologizes and gets manager and explains my complaint before he gets to me.
Manager approaches out table and asked "what seems to be the problem?"
Are you kidding me?????? 3 adults, 2 children, no water- 10+ minutes of no service and no clue what the problem is?
I state the obvious and he asks " what would you like me to do? Get you water?"
Horrid Horrid service with an incompetent manager.

Servers tried to make up for it but at the point I will never ever step foot their again... Better yet I warn anyone from wasting your time or money there!

Food was mediocre and appeared within 5 minutes of our order (rumor it's mostly microwaved) explains a lot!

Very very pissed off and disappointed. If my children didnt have their heart set on "Mac n cheese" we would have stormed out of there. Shame on you manager!
No customer service or aloha or anything of the sort. F for Failure!!!

2  Thank Kihani12305
There are newer reviews for Romano's Macaroni Grill

Reviewed February 23, 2013

Had lunch here and enjoyed splitting a flatbread pizza. The food was very good and we had good service.

Reviewed February 16, 2013

We expected their breakfast to be a bit nicer than it was. The food just wasn't up to par with other meals at dinner that we've had at this chain. Once was enough for us. We found a nice little local store with a deli that was better food and a better price.

Reviewed February 16, 2013

Went to the Macaroni Grill last night with a group of 11 people for a last minute dinner.. many other places were unavailable for a reservation, however this place could take us. This should have been a sign of things to come as the place was almost empty on a Friday night. Appies weren't bad.. prettty hard to mess up calamari and fried cheese sticks. Once we got to the main course however my meal wasn't even edible. How can you mess up pasta? The spahgetti noodles in my Carbonara were under cooked and the sauce was almost non-existant. The sauce that was there was so runny it would just fall off the pasta when i tried to eat it and it had absolutely no taste or seasoning. I asked the server for a side bowl of extra sauce to add to the dish and I was presented with another weak attempt at alfredo, luke warm and also with the thickness of water! She said that was as thick as they could get this sauce... maybe try some flour bozos! My complete disappointment was expressed to the waitress and I barely ate any of the dish... the manager offered to take 4$ off the bill!! Considering an auto gratuity of 18% was added to the bill due to the size of our party, 4$ was a pathetic attempt to right an odvious lack of competance to produce anything that resembled a decent dish. I feel bad for the server as she was aware that the dish had failed to please other customers and was left to make excuses but to not wipe it off the bill completely was ridiculous. If you want a better place to eat pasta I suggest going and buying a box of Kraft dinner.

Reviewed February 10, 2013

How hard is pasta to cook? Anyway, it was terrible. Served over cooked, and brought to our table cold, 1 minute after the salads were delivered. Service was below average. Seafood on the pasta (I am expecting fresh as I am literally 100m from the ocean here) was NOT fresh. It may have been a better meal purchasing a sandwich from the grocery store next door.

2  Thank JimCelineSamZachZoe