“Great food at a great price”

Island Fish & Chips
Ranked #15 of 68 Restaurants in Waikoloa
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Takeout
Reviewed November 7, 2012

If need to eat on the Big Island and are in waikoloa, an inexpensive restuarant is the Island. For $10, it is the cheapest value in town. This restuarant is an outdoor treat with a pond.

There are newer reviews for Island Fish & Chips

Reviewed November 1, 2012

We eat here every year we visit Hawaii, and pretty much this is a sure bet for a quick and affordable lunch. My husband had the fish and chips, which he said was excellent and I had the coconut shrimp and they were just ok, they have been better in previous visits. The shrimp just seemed a bit over cooked and small this year, but I am sure we will visit again next year

Reviewed October 29, 2012

We ate at the Island Fish & Chips just once. It was just about okay, but eating outdoors with birds swarming around your feet and table in search of scraps kinda takes the edge off.

Reviewed October 28, 2012

We stopped for lunch, expecting a good quick meal. It took 30 minutes to get our lunch, due to a large order before us. They clearly can't handle a big group in a timely manner, as I think there are only 2 of them. I ordered tempura- the shrimp was the regular fried shrimp- not of tempura quality. They also had no tempura sauce. The calamari was good, and there was ono, cooked tempura style, and vegetables Also a bit of rice. Had there been tempura sauce, I would have been much happier. And coke,not pepsi, products.

Reviewed October 25, 2012

I stopped off for a quick bite and was happy to find a very affordable and delicious fish and chips shops within a very exclusive mall. I expected heavy prices but was happily surprised.

This tiny storefront window has a blackboard menu of specials as well as a menu. The fish and chips were delicious, the lightest and tastiest batter with flaky white fish inside. Thin cut chips rounded out the meal, and everyone who stood in line to order was soon digging into a plate within the convenient group of tables overlook the lake where koi fish were gathered.

If I'm every up in this area, I may make a detour just for lunch here.