“Not good enough”

Legends of Hawaii Luau
Ranked #14 of 67 Restaurants in Waikoloa
Cuisines: American, Polynesian, Hawaiian
Good for: Special occasions, Kids, Large groups, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Buffet, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Not good enough”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2014

The best reason for going to this Luau is to say you've been and know not to bother going again. Everything is average at best. Everyone is crowded into an amphitheater and given a time to line up for the BBQ food. The food is OK. The show has its moments - like how to open a coconut by hand. The drinks are free - if you call $100+ a ticket free. They could do a lot better, but maybe they are only in it for the money...

• Visited December 2013

• Hungarian first
Chicago, Illinois
“Luau's Not for Us - I Guess - Not a "Buffet" Kinda Family”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2014

I have been traveling to Hawaii since 1988 and have always avoided the Luau. I thought we were not a buffet or Poi kinda family.

My nephew visited me in Hawaii and he really wanted to go...so I succumbed.

The Legends of the Pacific was touted as the number one Luau on the Big Island.

We found the $ 112 price outrageous for the meal. It was your typical buffet, nothing exceptional (by our standards) and slow-service with watered down drinks (as can be expected at these things)

The show was great.. Loved the Tahitian dancers (is any of this native Hawaiian?) But incredible talent we thought.

We upgraded to the better seats, which was a waste as these were 8-9 seats away from standard seating.

Not to impressed with the plastic lei they presented for pictures than promptly took back. Really? Really?

If this is your first trip to Hawaii, maybe the Disney-esk experience might make your day. But definitely not for us.

• Visited February 2014
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Amphitheater show”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2014

We have been to luaus before on lawn or beach - the roast pig is usually presented, they give leis, the dancers ride up on canoes. None of that here and our chairs were facing sideways rather than to the stage. My kids couldn't see well. The night ended an hour early. Save your money or find another luau option.

Visited March 2014
East Liverpool, Ohio
“More that i expected”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2014

This was a excellent show well worth the money..my granddaughters loved it..food was awesome..performers were the best i have seen..everyone tended to our needs..very visual show..

Visited February 2014
Calgary
“Wonderfull Luau”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2014

We had a great time at this luau, the food was tasty and the show was wonderful. I really liked the fire thrower, and dessert selection. I have only been to this luau, so I have no basis for comparison, but our group had a good time.

• Visited February 2014