“Wonderfull Luau”

Legends of Hawaii Luau
Ranked #14 of 69 Restaurants in Waikoloa
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Buffet, Reservations
Reviewed February 25, 2014

We had a great time at this luau, the food was tasty and the show was wonderful. I really liked the fire thrower, and dessert selection. I have only been to this luau, so I have no basis for comparison, but our group had a good time.

1  Thank Momtea

Reviewed February 19, 2014 via mobile

Where do u start. I'll start around 10:00am in the morning on Tuesday when my husband and I planned to attend the luau. 10am was when it quit raining that day. Well it was about 12 when I noticed a voicemail notifying me that the luau was moved indoors due to inclement weather. Disappointment doesn't describe the feeling we felt as we walked to the Ballroom. The evening air and sky were the most breathtaking that we'd experienced all week... I truly have no idea why they moved it inside.

1 point for not going!

The Hilton called me to notify of the change and offer to let me switch to Friday night. (We couldn't due to our dates)

1 point for the luau

The food was barely mediocre. The ticket was pricey. Enough said.

1 point for not going...

The men who performed the fire dancing and throwing we're phenomenal! (So i need to explain: they let us walk outside and see this 10 minute portion if the show)

1 point for the luau

Don't pay extra for the Alii seating. No difference in anything other than going in early. The bar and desserts are an arm's length away. The "alcoholic" drinks on the menu- contain little to no booze. Literally.

1 point for not going!

If you have little kids, you might enjoy watching them called up to the stage.
If you don't have little kids you might not enjoy watching them get called up to the stage.

1 point for not going (in my book)

Overall, I enjoyed the dancing parts. I would not recommend this to friends or family however.

1  Thank ALWP
Reviewed February 14, 2014

We spent 287$ for two with premier seating. The drinks were extremely, extremely sugary and watered down. The MC - Aunty Tutu was nothing short of annoying with her chatter and the food was beyond disappointing. It is a buffet line with a large part being salad and fruit. The salad consisted of romaine, cherry tomatoes, shredded carrots ( worse than a supermarket salad bar), the fresh fruit selection was very limited and the pineapple didn't tasted totally ripe. Fish bland and watery and the main attraction, the pork was good. The dessert choices were small bites of tasteless bland gelled squares. The dancers were however quite good and the fire dancer was the highlight of the show. We were however so disappointed in the "cheesy-ness" of the show, Aunty Tutu's singing, making everyone hula and hang loose was not our idea of a quality luau. We left wishing it had a money back guarantee because we were so disappointed. Buyer beware.

Reviewed February 10, 2014

Food was good but bar service is slow. Show just ok, nothing special compared to other Luaus that we have been to.

Reviewed January 22, 2014

We took our family reunion to this Luau and everyone had a great time! Although the "court" is reminiscent of an outdoor recess area with a stage, the entertainment was wonderful. I would have loved to be able to see the ocean during the luau, but it would have been gilding the lily with all the festive dancing going on! Hula is always lovely, but both the men and the women were outstanding and enthusiastic. The "knives of fire" dance is always both intriguing and rather horrifying and, since I work in a burn center, gives me more than a few heart palpitations. The food was plentiful and very good; you can even get some poi should you like to indulge in a traditional island dish. The staff is well organized and were able to get about 100 people dinner, dessert and drinks easily. Our server was wonderful! I ordered a beautiful quilted turtle pillow from Roma, and she was lovely and helpful. This is a great attraction with traditional dancing, delicious food and lots of great entertainment for the whole family! We had a great night!