“Best value on 50% off days”

Sansei Seafood Restaurant & Sushi Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Sansei Seafood Restaurant & Sushi Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 68 Restaurants in Waikoloa
Cuisines: Sushi
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 22, 2014 via mobile

Go here on Sunday or Monday night between 5-6pm as all food is 50% off. We went on Sunday night. We were in line at 4:30pm. Close to 5pm, someone came out and started asking about how many people in a party. If you are okay to sit at the cocktail bar or sushi bar, opt for that one. They let you in first and let you order first before allowing the rest of the customers who chose the table option come in. We were seated on the cocktail bar. We were asked for out orders quickly and the food was delivered fast. I think the name of the bartender was malani but she was great.
I am sushi lover rather than a sashimi lover so I can only review the sushi rolls. I think the rolls are not that extraordinary. I ordered the 69 and butterfly roll. It's okay. It's not bad. But I could get I from any whole in a wall Japanese restaurants. I also ordered the edamame and agedashi. I say skip those. They didn't add any flavor to the edamame. Just boiled it. The agedashi was too big. I have better ones on small scale Japanese restaurants. My husband ordered for the udon. The broth was really good- very flavorful and the noodles are soft. He also ordered the fish of the day which is grilled sword fish. That was cooked and flavored well too- well seasoned(salt) and not overcooked so the meat is not dry. We also ordered for the brownie sundae. It was a huge serving-2 slices of brownies and 2 scoops of vanilla ice cream. Our bill came out to be $50 and we were full. Definitely come here on their promo days only.

2  Thank charmtheduck

Reviewed June 18, 2014 via mobile

Family dinner was pretty good, the 7 oz, filet was great, kids meals were a little pricey, but good, tempura was ok, but ask for sweet chili dipping sauce, sushi was good, all in all a good dinner spot with some options for a family with small kids and different tastes.

1  Thank ziggy2720
Reviewed June 18, 2014

I tried my first sushi! It was so yummy - the tempura shrimp one. Everything we had to eat there was good - our Concierge had eaten there and enjoyed it and prices weren't horrible, but it was a good experience. The only thing that lowered the rating was the atmosphere was crowded and dark and we felt shoved in a corner and I got bumped into a lot and our waiter was less than friendly.

Reviewed June 17, 2014 via mobile

ABC market has better shusi than this joint!! Better service than food.

1  Thank chuckkwon
Reviewed June 16, 2014 via mobile

We visited on a sat night as a walk in. The front of house staff were really friendly, helpful and were able to get us a table.
The menu is really diverse with plenty of choice with some great photos of the dishes.
For us though, maybe because we didn't choose the Sushi and went for something different, the standard of the food didn't resemble the photos and nor did the flavours work well together and the quality of the food wss not up to expectation.
As a further negative, our waitress although polite not particularly friendly and hung around to pick up the check and her tip
Regrettable experience made worse by the general manager not replying to an email raising these points hence the poor but factual review

1  Thank David R