“Tasty AND Attentive”

Sansei Seafood Restaurant & Sushi Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Sansei Seafood Restaurant & Sushi Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 68 Restaurants in Waikoloa
Cuisines: Sushi
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
“Tasty AND Attentive”
Reviewed October 27, 2013

Went to Sansei on a whim, since most of the other restaurants in the King and Queen Centers are fair to mediocre. Sansei was a breath of fresh air. Great food, attentive staff, great vibe, the place is a pleasant oasis in a rather dreary foodie wasteland. My wife and I shared a number of plates and were happy with them all. The Dragon Shrimp was the highlight, and a must try. Like most locations in Hawaii, the wine list is weak...a love fest with California and other low grade wines...but was better than most in the area, outside the Hilton.

If you're in or near Waikoloa Beach Resort, give Sansei a try. It will be worth your effort for a quick, delicious bite.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Gilbert, Arizona, USA
“Pretty good food, friendly service”
Reviewed October 26, 2013 via mobile

My husband had the ribeye-it was good & huge, he was stuffed but I wouldn't say it was any better than other steak houses we ate at- it was pricey. I had the ahi with shrimp cake - I was looking forward to it because of the cilantro sauce but couldn't really taste it. My favorite part of the meal was a salad with goat cheese - the dressing was really good. Our server was friendly but the meal was pricey for what you get.

Bellevue, Washington
“Great Sushi”
Reviewed October 18, 2013

Really solid sushi dinner. Pricey, like all Hawaii restaurants, but I don't believe its AS pricey as sushi at the Fairmont or Monstera. Also a more predictable sushi menu than those other restaurants. Sushi was fresh and really good! Nice service, not the best ambiance but you don't pay the upcharge for the views!

Oregon City, Oregon
“Bone In Ribeye ROCKS!”
Reviewed October 18, 2013

Sushi and Steaks, Oh ya Babe, This place has it all, Great drinks too. It's a Must Hit place in the Waikoloa area if you're seeking Awesome food. A throw down face feeding frenzy is what we have been doing now over the past 5 years. Friends Family Date night is the place to relax and have a great meal.

Seattle, Washington
“amazing sushi AND great steaks!”
Reviewed October 17, 2013

This restaurant is great! We were a group of 3 adults and 1 toddler. All of our meals were excellent, I had a short rib that was probably the most tender I've ever had. Sushi was excellent, the kids meal was easily adult quality. The dining room has a fairly casual feel, the service was friendly and timely. My only criticism would be that our waiter was unfamiliar with the wine list, but that was minor. Its not cheap but well worth the money, we will go back again, I definitely recommend this restaurant!