We stayed two nights in "Kalo" room, which was spacious and tastefully decorated and the modern bathroom had the most enormous shower I have ever seen. The facilities were very good with a comfortable bed, fridge, microwave, crockery, even cloth napkins and a corkscrew!
The only gripe we have is that the complimentary coffee - which was the same as served for breakfast at Lokahi Lodge - was awful! The breakfast buffet there was fine and value for money.
Our room had a large ceiling fan, and we turned off the dehumidifier. As "Laura" mentioned, we too had an additional entrance from the wrap-around lanai. And definitely arrive before dark, even with good instructions it is not easy to find as there are no street lights.
Where we stayed there were three restaurants within walking distance, and it was only a few minutes' drive to the Volcano Park.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lokahi Lodge is nestled in the heart of Volcano Village in a quiet, peaceful area. The lodge is less than a mile from the entrance of the Hawai`i Volcanoes National Park and the many splendors and activities it has to offer. Lokahi Lodge blends modern convenience with country charm. Each of the carefully appointed guest rooms expresses warm aloha, delicately and beautifully furnished for your pleasure with cable TV, modern bathrooms with showers, and amenity centers with microwave, coffee maker, and mini fridge. This property fronts the beautiful and unique Volcano Village rainforest! The following is located on site: free WIFI and hot tub. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Cancelon, Ctrip TA and HotelsClick so you can book your Lokahi Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lokahi Lodge (Chalet Kilauea Collection) Hotel Volcano
- Lokahi Lodge Volcano, Hawaii