I spent 3 nights in the charming Africa Room at the Chalet Kilauea Inn. This room is small (says so right on the website so no misleading there) and perfect for a solo traveler. What I was not expecting was the rather large private lanai with fridge, microwave and coffee maker. An added bonus to this charming room! The bathroom was quite large, with a jetted tub, tiled floor and mirrored walls. I thought the water pressure was fine and it warmed up after just a little wait. The bed was comfortable and the soothing sounds of the rain and the birds was a great way to wake up each morning. The inn does have breakfast each morning for $6.25. There are bagels, English Muffins, fresh fruit, sweet bread, cereals and instant oatmeal. They also provide coffee, hot water for tea and a tropical juice. The inn is probably a mile or so off Hwy 11 and you need to watch carefully when first arriving as the sign comes up quickly. I arrived after hours and an envelope was waiting for me right next to the office door with my room key and directions on how to find it. This was very appreciated after a long day of flying from the mainland and being exhausted. Volcano Village itself is very small with limited meal options so don't come expecting fancy dining or tons of choices. The National Park is short drive south on Hwy 11 and I would highly recommend this hotel if you are planning to spend anytime at the park. Otherwise you have a half hour drive back to Hilo and who wants to do that after a long day exploring all Volcano National Park has to offer. Just return to your cozy room in the middle of the rainforest to relax!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Chalet Kilauea Hotel is nestled in the heart of Volcano Village in a quiet, peaceful area. Chalet Kilauea Hotel is a small, boutique hotel offering custom showers and wet bars with microwaves, mini-fridges, coffee makers, and more. All units offer unique bathrooms with modern fixtures, cable TV, and natural artistic accents! Chalet Kilauea features a beautiful Koi fish pond, complimentary tea/coffee(3pm-5pm), free WIFI, and 24-hour hot tub in the Garden Gazebo. Daily housekeeping included. 1 minute from shops, restaurants, and Hawaii Volcanoes National Park. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Chalet Kilauea reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Inn At Volcano (Chalet Kilauea Collection) Hotel Volcano
- Chalet Kilauea Volcano, Hawaii