We stayed in the Tree House room: what a very, very strange room. From the front door, you walk into the bottom floor which is a small, all-marble floor kitchen, which then leads into an enormous all-marble floor bathroom. The bathroom was supposed to have a two-person jacuzzi but there is NO WAY that two people could sit comfortably in the jacuzzi (unless you are two small children). There is a fireplace in the bathroom, but it's set on a thermostat and kicks off automatically most of the time (so maybe you get it to stay on for a whopping 5 minutes). If you decided to buck-up and try to have a romantic interlude in your enormous, ice-cold marble-floor bathroom, there is no way to dim the lights. Your choices are either full-blown flood lights or pitch black darkness. To get upstairs, you have to go up a very narrow and steep winding staircase (that seems rather rickety). On the positive side, the upstairs has a bedroom with a nice view of the rainforest canopy. However, if you have to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night, you've got to go down (and back up again) the rickety, steep staircase, and there are no night lights. Again, your choices are either flood lights or complete darkness, neither being good options in the middle of the night. We paid WAY too much money for this room -- a total of about $295 for one night -- a total rip-off. The staff has been very friendly but this is definitely a place we will not stay again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Chalet Kilauea Hotel is nestled in the heart of Volcano Village in a quiet, peaceful area. Chalet Kilauea Hotel is a small, boutique hotel offering custom showers and wet bars with microwaves, mini-fridges, coffee makers, and more. All units offer unique bathrooms with modern fixtures, cable TV, and natural artistic accents! Chalet Kilauea features a beautiful Koi fish pond, complimentary tea/coffee(3pm-5pm), free WIFI, and 24-hour hot tub in the Garden Gazebo. Daily housekeeping included. 1 minute from shops, restaurants, and Hawaii Volcanoes National Park. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Chalet Kilauea reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Inn At Volcano (Chalet Kilauea Collection) Hotel Volcano
- Chalet Kilauea Volcano, Hawaii