The Artist Cottage was a dream. It was really easy to find in our newly hired car out of Hilo. Great welcome, fresh fruit, fresh flowers and lots of smiles and travel tips from Ira. The brownie in the cafe was to die for and they even packed us dinner for the evening too. Ernest the goat was charming and the setting and location in beautiful grounds was homely and brilliant. Not too posh but certainly not tatty, the hotel up the road looks rather stuffy by comparison. Our bed was very comfy and the bathroom was just so roomy and luxurious. The water shortage made sharing showers fun too.
A home from home indeed. Handy guide books and maps were supplied too. This place gets a hearty recommendation from us to anybody wanting to stay in Volcano Village.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Volcano Artist Cottage is located on the grounds of Volcano Garden Arts, a cultural hub of the arts community in Volcano Village. We are just one mile from Hawaii Volcanoes National Park. Award-winning Café Ono is on site serving homemade fresh organic foods for lunch Tuesday through Sunday. Soak in your private hot tub after viewing the glow of Halemaumau Crater at night. Awaken to native birdsong of the apapane that often communicate through your windows from their rainforest home. Enjoy your morning coffee or tea in the garden or in the private cottage kitchen. Banana bread, fresh fruits, yogurt and granola are stocked for you. We specialize in Honeymoons, Anniversaries and Birthdays. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com and Expedia so you can book your Volcano Artist Cottage reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Artist Cottage At Volcano Garden Arts Hotel Volcano
- Volcano Artist Cottage Hawaii