We were very unsatisfied with this place the minute we walked in. Our 2 year old daughter immediately said "This house smells bad," and still refers to it as stinky house when she sees it in pictures. The house was extraordinarily mildewy, and the owners knew it. They had charcoal and expended mildew absorbent materials all over the house. Although the house is in a rain forest, but we've stayed in dozens of Hawaii places and the mildew in the air at this house was the worst. Two of the bedrooms were unusable. Even the matresses were moldy underneath the sheets. Too bad the owners didn't care enough to read the remarks past guests left in their guest book.
To make matters worse, the power went out during our second day and never came back on. The owners/managers were not reachable until two days later. Considering the house's neglect, we suspect the hosts forgot to pay their utility bill.
We'd never stay here or with these owners-- ever!
- Also Known As:
- Baan Sabai Dee Volcano, Hawaii