My husband and I stayed in the Mauna Loa lodge in January 2007 and loved it. The whole village is so beautifully done and the gardens are kept up by local Buddhist monks. Our lodge had a separate bedroom, but we stayed in the magnificent king bed in the main room. The bed was the most comfortable bed we’ve ever slept in, so much so that we actually contacted Kay recently to find out what brand she used so that we could purchase one just like it. We enjoyed the hot tub, especially after our 10 mile hike throughout Volcano National Park, which is just a couple miles down the road. There are only a few restaurants in town, but we loved the Thai place—went there twice in the 3 days we were there. I must say that the blinds that cover the windows do allow you to see inside the rooms at night, which was disconcerting at first, but everyone is very respectful of each other’s privacy and it was never an issue.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Heaven on Earth. Welcome to the paradox of fire and tranquility. We created the Hawaii Volcano Village Lodge for people who want more out of life than a whirlwind tour of the island. Located just a mile from the Hawaii Volcanoes National Park, our lodges and retreat are where you will wake up in peace and beauty. Stroll through the sacred rainforest and rest in your deluxe lodge with every comfort, including the plushest bedding, a fireplace, DVD, CD, private telephone, wireless connection, tropical breakfasts and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Volcano Village Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Volcano Village Hotel Volcano
- Volcano Village Lodge Hawaii