This place is a gem! Four small cedar cabins connected by pathways and covered walkways are set like a constellation in well manicured tropical rainforest around the main lodge. The effect is not unlike staying in a rainforest tree house and is very unique! A perfect getaway place for two, but during our stay, families were enjoying the cabins as well. The cabins are well stocked with all the usual amenities, plus the various extras you might need for your explorations of nearby Hawaii Volcanos National Park.
We stayed in two of the rooms, Mauna Kea – which was our favorite, and Kilauea – which we also liked very much, especially for its proximity to the covered hot tub, which is set in a pavilion perched in the rainforest.
This is cooler country, but hostess Kay Lee provides warm Terrycloth robes and slippers for your comfort and each room has a gas fireplace both for mood and for extra warmth. Breakfasts were good with fresh fruit and a main dish stocked in the refrigerator to enjoy at your leisure. Fresh Kona coffee is also provided along with real cream. Yum!
We think you’ll find Kay to be a special delight. She’s very intelligent, well read and well traveled. This is her third career and she’s really done her homework on what makes a first rate B&B. The breakfasts were wonderful and there were always fresh fruit, nuts, and snack crackers available in the main lodge. (For extras points, ask Kay if you can crack a few pounds of fresh Macadamia nuts to help her out.) If you’re a bird watcher, you’ll be in heaven with a wide variety of birds both in the treetops and wandering through the underbrush.
We can see this place working well for family groups, blending privacy in the separate accommodations with pleasant areas for gathering together. In any event, we suggest booking early. This place is not to be missed!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Heaven on Earth. Welcome to the paradox of fire and tranquility. We created the Hawaii Volcano Village Lodge for people who want more out of life than a whirlwind tour of the island. Located just a mile from the Hawaii Volcanoes National Park, our lodges and retreat are where you will wake up in peace and beauty. Stroll through the sacred rainforest and rest in your deluxe lodge with every comfort, including the plushest bedding, a fireplace, DVD, CD, private telephone, wireless connection, tropical breakfasts and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda so you can book your Volcano Village Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Volcano Village Hotel Volcano
- Volcano Village Lodge Hawaii