From the many highly rated reviews, we were expecting much more from the Volcano Village Lodge. The location inside the beautiful rain forest was the only good thing to say about our 2-day stay.. The bed and bedding were in need of an upgrade, the breakfast put in the refrigerator the day before arrival was frozen and not eatable. The large humidifier placed in the bathroom was loud and took up too much space. The bath towels needed to be replaced. Also, keeping the room at a constant temperature at night was a problem and the advertised hot tub was a joke. We thought about checking out a day early and trying to get our money back but decided to stick it out.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Heaven on Earth. Welcome to the paradox of fire and tranquility. We created the Hawaii Volcano Village Lodge for people who want more out of life than a whirlwind tour of the island. Located just a mile from the Hawaii Volcanoes National Park, our lodges and retreat are where you will wake up in peace and beauty. Stroll through the sacred rainforest and rest in your deluxe lodge with every comfort, including the plushest bedding, a fireplace, DVD, CD, private telephone, wireless connection, tropical breakfasts and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity and Agoda so you can book your Volcano Village Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Volcano Village Hotel Volcano
- Volcano Village Lodge Hawaii