“Never disappoints”

Kilauea Lodge & Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Kilauea Lodge & Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 14 Restaurants in Volcano
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: between Wright and Haunani
Description: Kilauea Lodge and Restaurant, located in the quiet village of Volcano, sits on 5 acres of gardens and gazebos and native forest. This hotel restaurant features a large fireplace, local art, koa tables, and is open nightly. Chef/owner Albert Jeyte blends flavors from his European background with farm, ranch and seafood products from Hawaii, the surrounding Pacific and elsewhere. Volcano Village is at 3700 feet elevation and evenings are often cool and misty. The historic fireplace welcomes guests with it's cheery fire. Home made soups and breads tease the appetite. Albert specializes in unusual game...venison, antelope, rabbit, duck. The biggest sellers are local fish dishes; ahi, ono, mahimahi and the exotic Tristan lobster. A large wine list complements the eclectic menu.
Kailua-Kona, Hawaii
“Never disappoints”
Reviewed March 22, 2014

I have eaten at Kilauea Lodge several times, but always at lunch. With guests who were new to the island in tow, we decided to have dinner before a late night viewing of the volcano. Kilauea Lodge was my first choice. We did go online to set up a reservation. I am happy we did. We arrived and were seated immediately by a window onto the garden. Drinks served as well as appetizer while waited for dinner. The restaurant quickly filled up right after we sat down. Service was very good despite how crowded it was. I had Ahi, while two others had grilled duck. I can't remember what the fourth member of our group had. I tasted the duck. It was outstanding as was my Ahi. The ambiance is old Hawaii as is the aloha. Try it, but do make reservations.

• Korean first
Wall Township, New Jersey
“The best dining in Volcano!”
Reviewed March 20, 2014

While the food is very good, the chef is sneaky, there are chunks of onion in the mashed potatoes. Although that may not offend most people, those of us that are allergic to onions do not like to bite into them. They need to advise people that the mashed potatoes are 'onion' mashed. With that said, the food was excellent otherwise, and the service is always outstanding.

Raleigh, North Carolina
“wonderful meal and staff”
Reviewed March 16, 2014

A little pricey, but we had a phenomenal meal and our waitress was fabulous. Menu is German themed, 2 of my dining companions went German while I had a delicious piec eof blackened ONO. A memorable dining experience

Visited March 2014
Thunder Bay, Canada
“Wonderful atmosphere”
Reviewed March 16, 2014

I made reservations here for my fiance's birthday dinner during our stay on Kona. Very, very glad we ate here.

The staff was very friendly and knowledgeable about the specials that night, and answered all our questions. My fiance ordered the baked brie for an app and she raved about it, as baked brie is her favourite! I had the local market price fish which was amazing, as tasty and thick as a steak. My fiance had a three mushroom risotto that even a anti-mushroom guy like me loved. As it was her birthday, the birthday girl got to choose a piece of cake from their dessert selections free of charge, which was as expected quite excellent. The whole tray looked amazing to me! We also each had a mai tai with dinner, which was tasty, but pricey at $9 a piece.

The best part was they printed a happy birthday message to my fiance at the top of that night's menu and gave her a copy to take home. A really nice touch!

We had an excellent meal and really enjoyed the atmosphere in the lodge. Take a few moments before you leave to look at all the tokens set into the fireplace sent from around the world, back when the building was a YMCA camp I believe.

Bainbridge Island, Washington
“Very good meal”
Reviewed March 16, 2014

My wife and I had just arrived in Volcano Village late in the day and needed a place to eat dinner. The inn keeper at our hotel recommended the Kilauea Lodge and we decide to see if we could reserve a table, we did and I think we were a little lucky to get one this late in the day. The dining room has a rustic large lodge like feel to it with an enormous stone fire place which our table was close to, it was a really nice setting for dinner. My wife had a very good pasta dish and my blackened Ahi was delicious and very well prepared. Our server was a bit overworked but handled it all very well.