“Great dinner option in Volcano”

Kilauea Lodge & Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Kilauea Lodge & Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 14 Restaurants in Volcano
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: between Wright and Haunani
Description: Kilauea Lodge and Restaurant, located in the quiet village of Volcano, sits on 5 acres of gardens and gazebos and native forest. This hotel restaurant features a large fireplace, local art, koa tables, and is open nightly. Chef/owner Albert Jeyte blends flavors from his European background with farm, ranch and seafood products from Hawaii, the surrounding Pacific and elsewhere. Volcano Village is at 3700 feet elevation and evenings are often cool and misty. The historic fireplace welcomes guests with it's cheery fire. Home made soups and breads tease the appetite. Albert specializes in unusual game...venison, antelope, rabbit, duck. The biggest sellers are local fish dishes; ahi, ono, mahimahi and the exotic Tristan lobster. A large wine list complements the eclectic menu.
Nashville, Tennessee
“Great dinner option in Volcano”
Reviewed August 13, 2013

Our family enjoyed a wonderful dinner here while spending a couple of nights in the Volcano area. The menu changes nightly, but we all found interesting and wonderful options. The potato leek soup was a delicious start. My daughter had a nicely cooked filet. My picky son had some parmesan pasta. My wife enjoyed some beautiful ahi tuna, and I had a beef papiette (flattened medallions stuffed with beef, minced mushrooms and herbs and then fried). Wonderful. The service was good, and the restaurant setting had a European lodge feel to it (including a stone fireplace).

• Korean first
Los Angeles, California
“Perfect French Dinner”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

We were staying at the Lodge, and so booked dinner in the restaurant. Other than lunch at Merriman's, this was the best meal we had on the island. I had a perfectly cooked, medium rare steak and my husband had a perfect Duck a l'Orange. Not only that, I was struggling to find something to feed my picky two year old daughter off their children's menu. I asked if they could do a fruit plate. The waitress said she didn't think so, but then 10 minutes later came back with a fruit plate. Later, I was putting the carrots off my salad on my daughter's plate, because that is one of the few things she will eat. She ended up knocking over her plate, and they came over and asked what she was having. When they saw it was carrots, they brought her a plate of carrots! We really appreciated the service, and also the caliber of the food. Highly recommend. We also had breakfast the next morning, and that was outstanding too. Some of the best pancakes I have ever had.

Los Angeles, California
“Cool decor & interesting history!”
Reviewed August 11, 2013

This restaurant is situated in an old YMCA lodge, and you take a step back in time when you step into the main room. Get there early to enjoy sitting in front of the historic fireplace and flipping thru the books of letters that explains it's history.

The service was top notch and the food was good. The menu is very interesting and not suitable for kids or picky eaters (a lot of game - like antelope, rabbit, duck, but a few regular things too, like steak and chicken). We enjoyed our time - it was quiet and romantic, and would go again.

Naperville, Illinois, United States
“Relaxing Atmosphere”
Reviewed August 9, 2013

We stopped in for lunch twice during our trip. Both times we were seated immediately. It seems that dinner is much more busy though, so reservations might be needed then. I had a burger the first time, which was good. The second time, I had the chicken curry, which was delicious! Definitely give it a try. Both times our servers were very friendly. The dining room around the fireplace is relaxing and pretty.

Visited June 2013
Clarence, Australia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Delightful Dinner”
Reviewed August 9, 2013

We stayed at another lodge in Volcano and the people suggested we give this place a try. It was a nice place to eat dinner.
We enjoyed the food, service and the attmosphere.
I wish the soup had tasted better, but that was more my taste buds than a problem at the restaurant.

Visited July 2013