“Food was Thai-riffic!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Thai Thai Restaurant

Thai Thai Restaurant
Ranked #5 of 14 Restaurants in Volcano
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Dining on a budget, Special occasions, Families with children, Kids, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Ottawa, Canada
“Food was Thai-riffic!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2014

While the appearance is nothing special, we thought the food certainly was. After our first meal we came back every night of our stay in Volcano. We tasted several curries and noodle dishes and thoroughly enjoyed all of them. Our favourite item was the summer roll appetizer.

Our service was fine: they checked on our drinks and periodically on our meal. One person did even recognize us as return customers and came to chat for a bit. We saw other customers also getting kind words from the staff.

If we lived in Hilo, we'd probably drive here often just for this food.

• Korean first
Volcano, Hawaii
“Poor service-food tasteless”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2014

Absolutely the worst That food I ever ate. Tasteless, old, stale, tiny servings and rude owners. Eat at the TUK_TUK Thai food truck instead-you will be much happier. Oh yeah-this place That Thai is incredibly expensive and overpriced

Visited April 2014
“Tasty, but not spectacular”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2014

We had Pad Thai, which is pretty hard to get wrong, and so is my standard order when I go to a new Thai place. It was really mild to bland in heat, but tasty none the less. The place was empty when we were there.

Hutchinson, Kansas
“Horrible, overpriced food and terrible service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2014

As you walk in, you will be greeted with a whiteboard that shows their daily specials. Two of the specials were pizza and yellow curry. I don't think it's a good idea to order pizza in a Thai restaurant, but my mother-in-law did it anyway since she thought it was a good deal. When they brought out her pizza, I had to laugh. It was a grocery-store bought frozen pizza that they warmed up in the microwave. As for my Thai yellow curry, it was full of potatoes with only 3 pieces of chicken. When I ordered it, the waitress didn't even ask me how spicy I had wanted it (that completely skipped her mind). I think that's a pretty important piece of information to ask a customer at a Thai restaurant. I later had to stop her and tell her that I wanted it medium. She could have cared less. I am a big tipper (almost always more than 20%), but this is the only time in my life I can remember that i didn't leave a tip at all. This place gets away with their bad service because they don't depend on repeat customers with so many tourists coming to Volcano.

Alamo, Texas
“Delightful Surprise”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2014

Our first experience with Thai food. We ordered "take out" from the menu. The food was very plentiful and delicious. We tried four different dishes during our stay at Volcano Country Cottages next door. I put the number on my speed dial.