“Very good food for our group”

Thai Thai Bistro & Bar
Ranked #5 of 14 Restaurants in Volcano
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Authentic Thai cuisine with the addition of some new international bistro options. We have recently added to our staff, Chef Jun. He brings his expertise to our new international options.
San Jose, California
“Very good food for our group”
Reviewed September 25, 2013

This was my second time to the Thai restaurant and I was very pleased. They did a great job with the food and the service.
The prices are high, but it is Volcano and everything seems very expensive in that area.

Visited July 2013

• Korean first
Palo Alto, California
“Delicious Thai food”
Reviewed September 24, 2013

We thoroughly enjoyed the delicious food at Thai Thai. The waitstaff is helpful and courteous, the decor is nice, and the food good. They warn you about the amount of spice in the food. Listen carefully to what they say because they are not kidding! We ordered spice at around 5 on a scale of 1 to 10 and it was just right for our palates. They rank medium spicy as a 6 and it would have been too spicy for us. The complex flavors of the food were different for each of the two dishes we ordered. Also, my mai tai was one of the best I had on the island.

1 Thank mll
Houston, TX
“Great food”
Reviewed September 22, 2013

Great food and good value. Not as spicy as one would expect however. Good location close to Volcano National Park.

Visited September 2013
Warrington, UK
“Okay”
Reviewed September 22, 2013

Food wasn't great, but okay after you've been hiking and you want large portions. Pina Coladas were a bit weird. I didn't want much as a starter, and i often just have a bit of my husband's starter, but when I saw the extra charge for sharing, I made it clear to the waitress that the starter was just for my husband. Then they brought two plates - obviously trying to get me to have some of it so they could charge more. So I told them again that it was just for my husband, but they left the plate there, then proceeded to watch me like a hawk in case I took some. Well, I did, and it was lovely (chicken satay), but I managed to do it discreetly ha ha!

“Not a good deal”
Reviewed September 21, 2013

We were hoping for a dinner that would be light to eat and light on our wallet. This was not the place for that. Usually a soup at restaurant like this $6. It was more than double that. And if you shared they charge an extra $5!

We opted to order from the specials which included a tiny but edible pizza and an overdone, forgettable hamburger.

Sadly this was one of the few things open when we stopped. The next day we found Cafe One. It is also a bit pricey but more reasonable and worth it.