“Excellent food, not great service”

Thai Thai Bistro & Bar
Ranked #5 of 14 Restaurants in Volcano
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Authentic Thai cuisine with the addition of some new international bistro options. We have recently added to our staff, Chef Jun. He brings his expertise to our new international options.
Reviewed June 9, 2013

We were blown away by the delicious Thai food here. Our curry and tom kha soup were incredible. Unfortunately our son's meal arrived very quickly, then ours came 20 minutes later, and then another 10 minutes before our daughter's finally came out. It was weird. Might recommend doing take-out instead so your family can eat together. But the food is not to be missed.

Reviewed June 8, 2013

We weren't expecting to see a Thai restaurant in Volcano so this was a pleasant surprise. For us the prices seemed reasonable. I've noticed a few reviews saying it was expensive. I guess we are used to Australian prices where everything is expensive. The food itself was delicious and the portions were generous. They were also able to cater for vegan.

The staff were very nice. I actually lost my wedding ring during the evening and didn't realise until we got back to our B & B. We raced back to the restaurant and everyone was really helpful in trying to find it. After searching the restaurant and car park for 15 minutes it turned out my wedding ring fell off in the car and not in the restaurant ... oops!

Reviewed June 6, 2013

Great food, but the most expensive Thai restaurant I have EVER been to! Also, the service was the WORST service I have ever had in a Thai restaurant. Your options are somewhat limited in Volcanoes, so I guess they get away with it.

Reviewed June 2, 2013

Having driven through Volcano village in less time than it took to write this sentence we were very pleased to find the Thai Thai. They were very welcoming and menu choice was extensive. Efficient service, very tasty food and good value. Recommended after a long day in the nearby National Park or if you are passing through.

Reviewed June 2, 2013

One of the best Thai meals, perhaps the best, I've ever had - in the middle of nowhere. The green papaya salad was to die for.