“Are we talking about the same place?”

Thai Thai Bistro & Bar
Ranked #5 of 13 Restaurants in Volcano
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Authentic Thai cuisine with the addition of some new international bistro options. We have recently added to our staff, Chef Jun. He brings his expertise to our new international options.
Reviewed October 3, 2012

Can't believe all the great reviews this place is getting. I went there on a Sunday evening after find the Kiawe Cafe closed. Place was packed, being pretty much the only place open on a Sunday, and also *cold* inside. The food was reasonable, although way overpriced and not nearly as good as, say, Ning's in Pahoa. The service was utterly terrible, bordering on rude. I ordered, sticky rice, they came out with jasmine, and when I (politely) mentioned this, the woman just said "we're out" and walked off. And, to top it all, a big fat fly fell in my nasty glass of cheap wine.

Tip: I was here once last year, ordered "hot", and it wasn't very hot. So I got Thai hot this time and it actually was Thai hot. Just so you know... (I won't be going back).

Write a ReviewReviews (1,698)

Reviewed October 2, 2012

I travel a lot. I eat at Thai restaurants often. The food in this place truly blew my mind. The owner grows her own herbs and wow! does that make a difference. Everything was fresh, fresh, fresh and we were absolutely blown away by the quality of everything we ordered. Try to get yourself seated in the main area where you walk into. We were seated in the back but didn't like the vibes so asked to wait for a place in the main dining room and they let us sit where we were until our table was ready. If you like Thai food, check it out!

Reviewed September 27, 2012

Food was excellent. So good in fact we ate their both nights we were staying in volcano. Owner is delightful. Also, when you're told the food is spicy believe it.

Reviewed September 25, 2012

After a long day of hiking, we were craving a good meal but didn't want to drive 45 minutes down the Volcano. This little town just a few minutes from the national park had several restaurant choices and we were lucky to have picked this one. There was no wait...we were seated right away (a relief because we were famished and tired). The service was prompt and friendly...the waitress helped us pick out dishes, and guided us on portion sizes and spice level. This was some of the best thai food i have had, and i have been to many good ones. The presentation was unusual, the flavors were fresh and deep, and everyone in our party of 8 find something they liked. Really a great way to end a memorable day.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

The food here was amazing! We even asked them to add some things and they did it no problem. The wait was short, and the service was excellent. It was clean. The flavors were authentic, and full of savory deliciousness.