“Best pad thai ever!”

Ranked #4 of 13 Restaurants in Volcano
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Authentic Thai cuisine with the addition of some new international bistro options. We have recently added to our staff, Chef Jun. He brings his expertise to our new international options.
Reviewed March 22, 2011

You would not think that there would be such a great Thai restaurant in such a tiny town, but there is! The pad thai was one of the best I've ever had, and I'm from the Bay Area. The curry looked delicious too. Excellent service as well. Prompt and polite. Pretty interior and plenty of parking outside. If you stay in Volcano do not miss the opportunity to eat here!

mauricethomas, Manager at Thai Thai Bistro & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2011

Thank you for your comments. We hope to see you again, soon.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,717)

Reviewed February 25, 2011

There aren't many options for dining in Volcano, and neither of us were much in the mood for Thai, but it looked like the best option from outside and this is where we ended up. We were both very happy with our meals. Service was prompt and friendly and the food was excellent. Highly recommended.

Thank you for your comments. We hope to see you again, soon.

Reviewed February 5, 2011

Okay, you're right. There's not that many in Volcano. Still, this was a great place to eat and maybe the best pad Thai I've eaten ever. We were served quickly, and even took leftovers back to our inn to have for lunch the next day. Try it, you'll like it!

Reviewed February 3, 2011

We live on the island but only go to volcano when showing visitors around. This was my first dinner at Thai Thai and I was somewhat disappointed.
First, the satay was very good. Not typical but still excellent. We also had the green papaya salad but the expanded version which included chicken and sticky rice. The chicken was tasteless and barely edible but the papaya salad was good. Anothe main we shared was the Thai Thai curry. This was supposed to include a peanut and coconut milk sauce but I only tasted the coconut milk. The server did not ask how we wanted our meal seasoned but we usually choose medium so I figured it would be that way. Everything was unseasoned and bland. My husband, who usually likes his food mild got the Tom yom soup and found it very spicy. Good but almost too spicy for his taste.
If you want good Thai food go to pahoa and try Nings. Nothing better, including Thailand where I have traveled extensively.

Reviewed January 19, 2011

This is a real find.
Excellent Thai food in a very remote area.
Even though most folks dining here are only passing through to see the Volcano, everyone is treated with great courtesy. One crowded evening, we did not have a reservation and were seated near the door. The hostess made it a priority to give us a good table as soon as it was vacated.
The food is so good that I would put it on top of my list in New York City.