“Great food great service”

Volcano's Lava Rock Cafe
Ranked #8 of 14 Restaurants in Volcano
Cuisines: American, Diner, Delicatessen
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
“Great food great service”
Reviewed June 17, 2014

Had the magma burger which was a taco meat burger covered in muenster cheese and salsa and it was amazing! My wife had a wrap and she loved it. Also had some great local beers and our waitress was wonderful

Visited June 2014

Virginia
“Good Burgers”
Reviewed June 16, 2014

We ate here while visiting Volcano National Park. I loved the town of Volcano. Of all the places we visited on our trip, this was a place I felt I could really feel comfortable living in. Small town feeling, very quiet and sort of laid back. We washed our clothes here at the laundry mat which was connected to a hardware store where you had to go to get change and detergent. The restaurant was close by.

The food was very good and service was good. We were staying just outside the park and this was close by. I had their lava rock beer.

• Visited May 2014
Volcano, Hawaii
“Your last choice in Volcano Village.”
Reviewed June 14, 2014

Its a crappy diner. They serve boring diner fare obviously shipped in from a restaurant supplier. There are much better choices in Volcano Village. I will say they never gave me food poisoning, so there's that.

Visited June 2014
Lebanon, Kentucky
“Good burger and Christian owners”
Reviewed June 11, 2014

In Hawaii, it seemed restaurants are all high priced. So, with that in mind, this restaurant for lunch was good. Had burgers and they had a variety to choose from. Quite tasty and filling. Christian messages around the restaurant gave me a warm feeling. The restaurant was busy and appeared to have several locals there. This is always a plus for me.

• Visited May 2014
Kailua-Kona, Hawaii
“Wonderful Experience”
Reviewed June 9, 2014

I've been reading other reviews of this charming café and am amazed that the reviews are so high and low. We were touring the Volcano National Park and wanted to visit the town of Volcano. We spotted several restaurants and decided on this one. We were extremely pleased that we did. There were 6 of us - each one ordered a different meal and ALL of us were thrilled with what we ordered. The staff was great - especially our server Puna. We had a delightful time and would definitely visit this restaurant again and again.

• Visited June 2014