“Beyond Amazing Accomodation!”

Volcano Teapot Cottage
Cleveland, Ohio
“Beyond Amazing Accomodation!”
Reviewed November 19, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Volcano Teapot Cottage for 4 nights in November of 2012 based on excellent reviews we read on Trip Advisor.com. I couldn't fathom that the place was as great as people raved, but it way beyond anything we could have imagined. This secluded, wonderful cottage feels like it's in the middle of the jungle - surrounded by beautifully maintained garden and paths through more natural areas on the property, you truly feel you are in a special place. The owners not only gave us great tips for sightseeing in Volcano and in other parts of the Big Island, but the hospitality was amazing. Each day we came home to fresh pastries and the owner even remembered we were vegetarian and provided us with veggie sausages for our breakfast along with fresh fruit, juice, ETC.
The cottage is historic, built in the early 1900's and is beautifully maintained with all modern amenities (washer, dryer, updated bathroom, private/secluded hot tub). It was charming and an amazing way to end a rugged day of hiking to feel so pampered.
We hope to get back soon to celebrate another big anniversary.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Claire P

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Holly, Michigan
Reviewed November 3, 2012

We had a fantastic 2 night stay here to see the volcano and Hilo. We loved it! The place itself is better than the pictures. The grounds and the wonderful private hot tub is perfect! I loved all the nice little touches from the owners - food in plenty and baked goods. Washer & dryer. Great toiletries for the ladies! Music, flip flops, robes! I wish we could have stayed longer! Thanks!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Boston, MA
Reviewed October 16, 2012

My husband and I booked a two night stay at Volcano Teapot towards the end our honeymoon. I was ready to cry as I left the Maui Four Seasons to go to the Big Island to see the volcano. Our stay at the Volcano turned out to be such a nice break from the resorts! The highlight of the cottage for me was the beautiful washer and dryer. Finally, I could do laundry! Bill came by to introduce himself and explain all about the area. He pointed us to good hikes, attractions, and restaurants. He told us how to get to the lava, which at this time, is not flowing in the National Park. Seeing the volcano crater glow red at night was the most awesome thing I've ever seen. If you are staying in Kona, and especially if you are on mainland time, it would be very difficult to come to the volcano at night. I am so glad we decided to book on this side of the island. The cottage also features a security system, which made me feel very safe. Volcano seems almost abandoned with very little lighting. It was nice sleeping knowing the alarm was there to protect me!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Scottsdale, AZ
Reviewed October 8, 2012

We were on the Big Island for 12 days and decided to spend 3 nights in Volcano at the Teapot Cottage. We lucked out that they had an opening that matched our schedule. Best decision we could have made--it allowed us to spend 2 full days hiking Volcano National Park. We arrived close to 6 pm on a Saturday after stopping in Hilo for groceries. Bill was doing some yard work...greeted us, chatted for a while and then let us get settled. He came back to go over a few things with us and provided very valuable information as far as what to do, where to go, where to eat, etc. We told him what we had been doing and what our plans were and he adjusted his recommendations. Then we sat down for dinner and were off to see the Lava glow at night. It was really nice to be so close to the park.

There were fresh baked goods delivered daily and they were so good! The fridge/coffee was restocked daily. We cooked in the kitchen all 3 nights and it had everything that we needed. The hot tub was very nice after a long day of hiking. They provided robes for the hot tub. The bed had an electric mattress pad...which is a nice touch because it gets chilly at night. Even better, it has separate controls so hubby can have his set low while I stay toasty warm! Bill and Antoinette have really thought of everything--nice flat screen cable tv w/sound bar, washer/dryer, cooler, microwave, coffee press, Keurig machine. If you like tea or coffee, you will not be disappointed!

If you are there on Sunday--go down to the Farmer's Market and get some Ka'a coffee! But go early, we were there around 8 am and just hit the last of the coffee.

The last thing I want to mention is how Bill really does goes out his way to make your stay perfect. When we arrived, we were talking about how we are Green Bay Packer fans and they played that Monday night. The game started at 2:30pm in Hawaii that week and he told us that they replay it at 7pm. He found out the channel and let us know. Now, for football fans--you will remember that game. The last game with replacement refs that Green Bay won but the refs gave it to Seattle. Bill called us when we got home and told us not to turn on the TV until 7pm or after since the channel the game was on had broadcasters still talking about the game. We appreciated that! We were able to sit all the way to the end of the game before we found out what happened.

Beautiful grounds, charming cottage. I don't have any pictures that aren't already in the list! If you want to see my review of my trip and pictures, just send me a message!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank UOT
Cedar Rapids
Reviewed September 15, 2012

We spent two nights at the cottage towards the end of our Hawaii trip. My husband, my 17 month son, and my mom all went along. We were charmed by the cottage right away. We arrived in a rainy, cold afternoon, and the cottage just felt so cozy and welcoming. Bill showed us the information around right away. The fridge was nicely stocked and baked goods are delivered daily. Very convenient distance to the park. We even watched a DVD during the afternoon before heading back to the park after sunset. It was a very memorable stop in our Hawaii trip. I would highly recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
College Station, Texas, United States
Reviewed September 4, 2012

My husband and I vacationed in Volcano with our nine year old son in August. We spent four incredible nights at the Teapot. We travel quite a bit and are very particular about lodging. The Teapot was highly recommended by a friend, so we decided to book our stay with Bill and Antoinette. We are thrilled that we did. Two better hosts could not be found. Bill greeted us soon after arrival and shared many tips on what to do and see in the area. The information he shared was invaluable. The fridge was well stocked and goodies were delivered daily. Every baked good was delicious. The grounds are beautifully manicured and the cottage is perfectly decorated. Bill and Antoinette have very thoughtfully furnished the cottage with everything you could possibly need. A more peaceful spot cannot be found.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed August 23, 2012

We spent three nights at the cottage for the end of our honeymoon. This was the perfect place for us. The entire place was darling and inviting.

We loved it as the best jumping off place for Volcano National Park and day trips to Hilo. We loved being able to just head off to the park for a short hike and then have lunch at the cottage. It was great to relax and slow down a little and yet was central enough to many places we wanted to explore like the black sands beach.

There are many lovely details (like the stained glass window in the bathroom) and we really appreciated how easy it was to stay there. We'd highly recommend it. The bathroom was divine and it is the perfect place to take a relaxing soaking bath.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Volcano
Chalet Kilauea
#3 of 19 in Volcano
Lotus Garden Cottages
Lotus Garden Cottages
#1 of 31 in Volcano

Been to Volcano Teapot Cottage? Share your experiences!