“Loved it!”

Aloha Junction Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #7 of 32 Volcano B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 30, 2014 via mobile

This place was great. Good location and very comfortable.

The hosts made sure you had everything you needed and the beds were incredibly comfortable.

Roberts cooks an awesome breakfast for everyone staying at the B&B.

Really enjoyed our two nights here in volcano.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
Susan H, Owner at Aloha Junction Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded June 16, 2014

It's great to see another solid review, from another satisfied customer. Mahalo!!

There are newer reviews for Aloha Junction Bed and Breakfast

Reviewed May 27, 2014

It was my first time staying in a b&b hotel, and I was really amazed by the considerate service and the rooms offered by the host!! The breakfast was great with tropical fruits. Sweet papaya, banana and with a little bit sour lemon juice is really a good combination that I learned from the breakfast!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Susan H, Manager at Aloha Junction Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded June 16, 2014

We are always sad to see our guests depart! The only consolation is hearing that you are already planning your next trip to visit with us here at the Aloha Junction BnBi, the highest compliment you could possibly pay us.

Please do not hesitate to contact us if there is ever anything we can do to assist you in the future. See you next trip!

With warmest aloha's!

Reviewed May 17, 2014

My wife and I do not typically stay in Bed and Breakfast type of rentals. We are very frugal and typically stay in chain hotels for a low price. That being said, we chose the Aloha Junction based on the location to the Volcano park. I found the property was warm and inviting. Considering the cost and location, I definitely thought that I received a great value. The linens were clean. I was told to use "everything and anything" that I wanted. I made popcorn, used the bowls from the kitchen, bought items from Wal-mart in Hilo and had full use of the refrigerator. I treated it like home. The host walked in on me and my wife eating olives and cheese (with some popcorn) in the kitchen (afternoon timeframe) and seemed pleased that we were enjoying the house.

The host seems to be very quiet at times, and very set on giving the guests a good value and a pleasant stay. I must say that the breakfast was one of the best parts of my trip to the Big Island. The host isn't the most friendly and out-going person, but he was professional and kind. When we told him that we were going star gazing on the big mountain, he supplied us with flashlights and jackets and gave us some advice.

I have read some reviews regarding the breakfast table and sensitive subjects being discussed. That really surprises me, because most travelers are very conscious about how different people can be of different places and cultures. I'm not sure why some guests wish to argue with other guests (or the host.) It is part of the B&B experience to have breakfast and discuss topics of the day, personal background stories, how people met, and other non-offensive things. There was a family from Israel there when we visited, and it was very interesting to hear what they thought of the US and our political system. They said good things and bad things, and I never heard anyone spouting propaganda. Perhaps some reviewers are very sensitive about their beliefs and not open to hearing other viewpoints or other cultures.

Anyway, I would definitely return. I would give a five rating, but as others have said, the house is quite dated and the mattress in my bedroom could use an update. The age and appearance of the house is part of what gives it charm, but a bit more sleep comfort would make it 5-star.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 568MarkR
Susan H, Owner at Aloha Junction Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded May 18, 2014

We appreciate your comments more than words can say...and thank you for your worldly view of differing views from people of different sorts of life.
We'll be getting a new bed...with the hope that you come back again!
Mahalo

Reviewed May 13, 2014

We enjoyed our stay very much. Our room was very large, the bed was comfortable, and breakfast was excellent - tropical fruit, orange juice, pancakes, sausage, coffee, tea, and ready early so we could get an early start on our hike. The grounds were isolated and very quiet.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Susan H, Owner at Aloha Junction Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write such a favorable response. We appreciaated you choosing us and look forward to welcoming you back any time!

Reviewed May 13, 2014

Quiet, clean, and great breakfast. Our 10th visit to the Big Island, our 5th time staying up in the Volcano area and our first time at Aloha Junction. We had the 2 room suite which is very comfortable for a family. Bathroom is adequate but small. Private deck looks over a very lush landscaped property. Robert (in addition to fixing breakfast) took a lot of time to explain the history of the house, the wood in the table and other furniture, and a tour around the property. This was especially nice because we share similar plants in Florida. Great Aloha experience and would definitely return

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you so much for taking the time to write your review. It meant a lot to us.

Reviewed April 1, 2014

This place is run by an inhospitable Tea Party fundamentalist. Very weird vibe at this B&B. Inhospitable environment upon arrival. Very Cheap tea and coffee available. Bookcase reading includes Glenn Beck, Sarah Palin, and Norman Vincent Peale Guidepost leaflets. No friendly greeting. No aloha spirit at breakfast, which I skipped. Like another reviewer of Aloha Junction B&B, I chose to spend as little time as possible at the house & stay in my room rather than the living quarters. Felt like a rip off, with no Aloha spirit & open Tea Party, etc. propaganda available to guests.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
6  Thank sfsbice
Susan H, Owner at Aloha Junction Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2014

ALoha and thank you for your insights. We are sorry you didn't have a good time and rushed off before getting a chance to have breakfast with the other guests. Part of the fun in traveling and staying at bed and breakfasts is opening up to other points of view and meeting new people. THe vast majority of our guests do take pleasure in meeting other people, participating in conversations and of course enjoying our generous, tropical breakfast.

Reviewed March 28, 2014

We stayed here for three nights and appreciated a comfortable bed. Robert showed us jackets, flashlights, etc we were free to use and for the uninitiated the temperature is surprisingly cold at night. The breakfast was enough to keep us going for hours. Received great tips from Robert and others staying in the house. Spacious room, only one let down - not a very good water pressure in the shower, but wouldn't let that stop us from staying here again.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Volcano
Chalet Kilauea
#3 of 21 in Volcano
Volcano Inn
Volcano Inn
#6 of 32 in Volcano

Been to Aloha Junction Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!