“Best Day in Volcano”

Akamai Adventure Tours & Travel
Ranked #4 of 18 things to do in Volcano
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Are you planning a trip to Hawaii? If so, explore the Hawaiian Islands with Akamai Adventure Tours & Travel!! When you travel with us you have the chance to experience an adventure of a lifetime. We are a guiding service company that wants to share the most unique place upon our planet and show you hidden Hawaii.We provide the island of Hawaii's most private, exclusive, intimate adventure tours at very affordable rates. We are a family owned business with 32 years of experience in the outdoor recreation industry. Our professional, knowledgeable and friendly staff brings an exuberant amount of passion and energy to every trip they lead. Through extensive interpretation, Akamai Adventure Tours & Travel hope to instill in your hearts the respect, admiration and ALOHA spirit that will connect you to the 'Aina (land) forever. Call us to book your adventure of a lifetime. By making your reservation today, you're already AKAMAI (wise, smart intelligent). Explore the Big Island with us! Hawaii Volcanoes National Park * Lava Viewing * Hawaii's largest fresh water lake (Wai O' Pele) * Black Sand Beaches * Akaka Falls * Rainbow Falls * Queen Liliuokalani Garden * Mauna Loa Macadamia Nut Farm * Panaewa Botanical Zoo * Big Island Candies * Volcano Winery * Art Galleries * Hawaiian Vanilla Company and much, much more
hawaii
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Best Day in Volcano”
Reviewed August 10, 2012

Big Island is vast and so different from location to location. Micro climates everywhere. Spending a few or a couple of days in Volcano is a great idea. Tyler from Akamia Adventures as your guide is the best idea ever. Tyler took us on a special hike to the summit of a volcano. He knows the plants and birds and weaves through the stories of old Hawaii. He's prepared with rain gear, if necessary and water and snacks. We had a great time. Mahalo Tyler and Haley.

Visited August 2012

Lake Charles, Louisiana
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Couldn't have asked for more !!”
Reviewed August 6, 2012

What an awesome tour.. Tyler was waiting at the airport for the 6 of us. With two elderly parents I was worried that getting around to see the sites might be hard. But Tyler took us everywhere we wanted to go and then some with no issues. He was such a good tour guide, that when we got to the crater rim at the Jagger Museum, people inside began following our tour around listening to Tyler instead of the park rangers!!! Great tour, great guy, and great company that seems to really care about the Hawaiian islands, its people and culture.

Visited May 2012
2 Thank jkmac425
Princeton, New Jersey
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Best Tour Guide- Best Family Vacation EVER!”
Reviewed August 5, 2012

We hired Hayley from Akamai Adventures for two days during our stay at Volcano National Park near Hilo. Hayley attended to every detail- from escorting us to our our accomodations late at night after walking on the lava to providing us with incredible knowledge of Hawaii and the science of volcanos. She always had our safety first and adapted our trip to our needs- even if they changed hourly! She has a magnetic personality and each member of our family( 3 teenagers) loved having her share her expertise with us. We loved her so much that we hired her for a 3rd day when we were staying on the Kona side of the island. She arranged snorkling, paddle boarding and swimming at local( but not touristy) locations.She has an infectious laugh and we would highly recommend Akamai Adventures to anyone traveling to Hawaii.

Visited July 2012
1 Thank Beth F
Melbourne, Australia
3 attraction reviews
“VNP and Lava Hike”
Reviewed July 22, 2012

I'd like to start off by saying that this is the best tour experience I have ever had and that I never write reviews but when the tour was as good as this, you have to make an exception. Having spent the first two days on the east side of the island, I left only one day to explore the VNP. I had specific ideas of what I wanted to see which is how I came across Akamai. Hayley immediately began to help me tailor a tour to suit what I wanted to see/experience. I spent around 7 hours with Tyler who guided me around the VNP and some of it main attractions. We also hiked up to several craters that most tours would never even think of going to and lets just say the views/experience was epic. Tyler was very knowledgeable in all aspects of the island and VNP and provides all equipment,snacks, etc for the amateur adventurer like myself. The evening part of the tour was the Kalapana Lava hike that Hayley had organised with another tour company and attended with me. One this particular day, lava was flowing heavily and it was an experience I will never forget, a MUST DO if you go to the big island. To finish up, both Tyler and Hayley were both very professional, warm, friendly and very flexible in customizing a personal adventure tour for you. If you are in a small group or solo like myself and have specific areas you'd like to explore, you will not get a better guided tour than Akamai Adventure Day Tours!! I will be recommending this to all my friends and family back in Australia. Thanks guys!

Kon Sun

Visited July 2012
2 Thank Kon S
Moreno Valley, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“What a wonderful day!”
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Tyler took us out for an all day tour in April 2012. He was very knowledgable about all aspects of Hawaii National Park and the big island in general. You can tell that he loves what he does by the genuine enthusiam he has when sharing his island with his guests. He gave us the perfect balance of information, scenery, and time in the park. Tyler provided some yummy local snacks, cold water, and a lot of Hawaiian island friendliness. It was one of the best excursions we have ever taken. Very professional, not a cookie cutter tour...he allowed us to customize our own day and fit in everyone's choices.. We thoroughly enjoyed this trip! Don't hesitate to book Akamai!
MIke and Janice Doriguzzi