“Exceeds expectations in every way”
other travelers have booked this property
Check Availability
_DSC2266.JPG
_DSC2246.JPG
DSCN5932 opt opt opt
Downstairs Garden Suite can be added for an additional bedroom/bath/lanai
Required display of TAT for advertisement
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Excellent - based on 195 reviews

Reviews from our community

Fubecao
Alexandria, VA
“Exceeds expectations in every way”
Reviewed December 16, 2013 for a stay in December 2013

The Maile Treehouse is pretty much perfect. I can't think of a thing wrong with it, or of a thing I would do to change it to make it better. Other reviews have gushed, and with good reason, so I'll just say that the thing I really like best was the obvious attention to detail. Everything you need and a whole lot more besides is there: flashlights, raincoats, a cheese grater, microwave popcorn, bath salts, electric blankets, Big Island guide books, board games, measuring cups, spices, a little book where past guests write their own recommendations for what to do in the area (a top choice: hang out at the Maile Treehouse!), terrycloth robes, a laundry basket, a collection of CDs and CD player, and on and on. But the details in the decorations were most charming: a ceramic frog perched in a tree outside the bathroom window, more Christmas decorations (it was Christmastime) than I have in my whole house, and a place in the garden where they had spelled out "Aloha M & S" for me and my wife in little white rocks. Leslie was great to work with and quickly fixed one technical problem with the house during our stay. Let's put it this way: after we left this place, we went to a fancy resort on the Kohala coast, which cost a lot more per night. The resort had the beach and a pool, but it was this place I was wishing I could stay at for an additional night or two. Stop searching now and just book this place.

Liked best: Attention to detail
Liked least: Unfortunate timing on some repair work in the yard
Your age range 35-49
Older travelers
rolmilz
Ewa Beach, Hawaii
“U'i Hale”
Reviewed November 14, 2013 for a stay in November 2013

I was literally surprised when my husband said "Hun, I got our vacation rental place taken cared of in Hilo - Hope you like it" I was their orignially for work and then we celebrated our 8th yr Anniversary" At first driving up to Volcano around 5:45pm -6:30pm it got dark pretty fast, I was a little skeptical of where we was going and trying to follow our GPS phone, eventually we found it! Gosh, as soon as I stepped in I was in Heaven. I felt like I was in the middle of the forest surrounded by Ohia trees and I had already spent a few days up in Keawewai for work so it really had a sense of peace that I really enjoyed. Your hale was just sooo breathtaking. I was really blown away that my husband found your place all by himself! The living room, with the fireplace connecting to the bedroom, the awesome jacuzzi...ohhh gosh, that was sooo wonderful hit the spot of relaxation and nobody else was in it. Just us! I really love the tiny little details left around the house, ohhh and the characters on the tree was funny! Loved listening to the sounds of the forest and birds singing, the closeness to our hike and restraunts...THe only hard part that we had to adjust to was leaving the windows open and taking a shower with no coverage just sooo opened. I had a hard time the first night, but after leaving a small window open by our bed throughout the night it really made a whole lot of difference of coolness coming through where I was comfortable (i'm soo use to running our Central A/C, Ceiling fan, and fan itself), locking all the doors & windows to keep bugs out...But, it was truly amazing having to go through this the first time. I really really really loved it and with the amount of times we do visit Hilo for family gatherings, leisure, or work I hope one day we can come back to enjoy this amazing treehouse! Sooo U'i.....Mahalo Piha for being available so that we are able to enjoy our stay...A Hui Hou Malama Pono ~ Roland and Millie Ho

Liked best: Everything
Liked least: Leaving the windows open
Your age range 35-49

SVanT
Chicago, Illinois
“A romantic retreat!”
Reviewed October 21, 2013 for a stay in October 2013

The Maile Treehouse is such a sweet, romantic property. We felt like we were waking up in a rainforest, with the light slowly coming through the windows to wake us up. Leslie and Michael clearly take pride in this home: it’s very clean and they’ve set up the property so you feel at home. We enjoyed breakfast outdoors on the lanai each morning (thank you for the pancakes!) and took advantage of the toasty fireplace and relaxing hot tub. Per Leslie’s suggestion, we asked Chef Ron to prepare a romantic dinner for our last evening. What a treat – delicious and made us feel like the only couple in the world. Definitely recommend Chef Ron. Although we couldn’t experience the Kilauea Volcano due to the US government shutdown (SO disappointing), it’s in a perfect location if you’re planning to explore Kilauea. The whimsical touches throughout the property had us discovering little treasures throughout the trip! Highly recommended.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: All the little personal touches throughout the property!
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Dave B
Carefree, Arizona
“Magical”
Reviewed September 30, 2013 for a stay in May 2013

We stayed in the Maile Treehouse for 10 days in late May of 2013. What a wonderful stay it was. The house had all amenities one would need and was very comfortable. Being on the second floor with all the large ferns surrounding the property made one feel like they were truly in a magic kingdom. Although the weather didn't cooperate, we had many foggy days, the house made the whole trip. Borders the National Park, very convenient, and 45 minutes to Hilo. One of the best rentals we've booked anywhere.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The furnishings and amenities.
Liked least: Muddy driveway.
Friends getaway
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Montreal
Reviewed September 10, 2013 for a stay in July 2013

Check in / front desk Service
CO
Reviewed September 8, 2013 for a stay in July 2013

Check in / front desk
A romantic getaway
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
from
$185
/ Night
Book Now
Or, send the owner a message
This property has Payment Protection
Never pay for your vacation rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing