“More than a meal, it's an experience to remember”
Review of Cafe' Ono

Cafe' Ono
Ranked #4 of 14 Restaurants in Volcano
Good for: Families with children, Scenic view, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Café Ono is a vibrant, ecologically sound, dining experience in an old Hawaiian garden estate. We feature: •Hearty soups•Fresh organic salads•Savory sandwiches•High tea•Gourmet desserts•Locally grown coffee & teaCatering is available. We can also host your meetings and special events.Come by for a delicious meal or pick up a picnic lunch to go!Lunch 11:00 am–3:00 pmCoffee · Tea · Desserts 10:00 am–4:00 pm
Waikoloa, Hawaii
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“More than a meal, it's an experience to remember”
Reviewed July 9, 2011

Ohhhhhhhhhh YES to Cafe Ono! This is the best meal I've had on the island. As a 35+ year vegetarian, my standards are pretty high. Cafe Ono exceeded my expectations. I had the soup/salad/sandwich combo and the flavors in each category were superb. The staff were very attentive and the owner was very much involved in overseeing the operations, talking with customers, and even refilling our teapot! The feel of the place is very inviting and calming. And what could be more fun than perusing the wonderful art gallery and grounds while your meal is being prepared. Although it's a 2-hour drive from where I live, I can't wait to go back and try another menu item!

Visited July 2011

• Korean first
New Jersey
“Good Food, Cute Place hidden away”
Reviewed June 13, 2011

We ate here on our visit to the Volcano National Park. I never would have found it if I hadn't read the reviews on Trip Advisor. It is kind of tucked away in the Volcano area. The meals were very good and the presentation was very pretty. I am glad we stopped in. They have a cute goat in the backyard.

• Visited March 2011
Hilo, Hawaii
“Nice stop for light lunch & great atmosphere”
Reviewed June 13, 2011

There is everything to like about this place. Inviting grounds and gift shop with plenty of not too pricy choices embrace a charming cafe. It is a perfect spot for tea and cake.

The menu is vegetarian/vegan and more limited than it needs to be in that niche. It would be exciting to see the sort of selections here you find at Cafe Gratitude. By that I mean the eye and mind opening array of cuisine that causes people to consider giving up meat.

Ira Ono is a wonderful spirit and delightfully quirky person. His exuberance and enthusiasm stream like ribbons in a breeze all around this creative cafe and gallery. Lucky you should you get to meet him during your visit.

California
“Nice lunch in a very different setting”
Reviewed June 13, 2011

Cafe Ono was a nice surprise on our drive to Volcanoes National Park. I was paging through one of the visitor's guides I'd picked up when I saw an ad for a vegetarian restaurant with quality coffee in the town of Volcano, in a rainforest area very near the Park. I put the address of Cafe Ono in our GPS (a good idea) and we found ourselves at an old house made quirky with several garden sculptures, bonsai trees on display and a goat in the back yard.

The building houses both the restaurant in the back and the Volcano Garden Arts gallery in several rooms in the front. A variety of artists had paintings, photos, sculpture and jewelry for sale. The meal was tasty, with quite informal service. The owner, Ira Ono, came by to speak to us and encouraged us to wander the gallery. It was a pleasant addition to what we expected from the day.

• Visited May 2011
Columbus, Ohio
“Nice Place to Vegetarian”
Reviewed May 28, 2011

My partner and I had an okay lunch at this place, but I wasn't as impressed as I had originally expected from the reviews. The taste was rather bland and the art was okay, but over priced and self indulgent.

• Visited May 2011