“Orchid overload”

$159.00*
Volcanoes National Park Adventure Tour From Kona
Ranked #3 of 18 things to do in Volcano
Reviewed February 6, 2014

I could have spent all day at Akatsuka Orchid Gardens! How quickly the 30 minutes we were given passes. The green houses had so many varieties of orchids that it was hard to make quick decisions about to choose. This was the last stop on our fantastic bus tour of the Hilo area and well worth the wait. I am anxiously awaiting the delivery of my orchids later today. Even if you don't grow orchids it is a must see!

Reviewed January 25, 2014

We drove back from Kona after passing the shop on an around the island bus tour. We could have spend a whole day there shopping, smelling flowers and talking to the most interesting employees. I felt right at home in the showroom and gardens. I bought a small orchid to take home but rewarded myself by ordering two orchids after reaching home. I will be back to this Orchid Heaven!!

Reviewed January 9, 2014

On our bus tour of the island we had the great fortune of visiting the Akatsuka Orchid Gardens.
This was the unexpected highlight of the tour. In addition to having clean bathrooms and a large gift shop, they had the most amazing selection of orchids. Every color orchid you could imagine was on display. We enjoyed slowly walking around the indoor display and taking photos of the most beautiful flowers we have ever seen. In addition to the range of colors, we enjoyed the various fragrances. What a delightful treat ! The gift shop had beautiful calendars, photos of orchids and many souvenirs that made perfect gifts for friends and family. When leaving, at the front door there were orchid samples for the women to wear in their hair. Akatsuka Orchid Gardens is well worth a second visit to Hawaii so you can learn more about orchids. I wished we had more time to spend there. Take a private tour so you can spend several hours at this wonderful and special place.

Reviewed January 7, 2014

We make a point to stop every year and pick up a new orchid. The variety, colors and aromas are just enchanting. Staff is always willing to assist and answer questions. Adds another dimension to the Hawaii experience.

Reviewed January 4, 2014

We stopped by on our way back after visiting the volcano. It's not quite as big as I thought, but there were so many varieties of orchids, some I've never seen before, and even fragrant orchids. They also have a large greenhouse in the back, which they give tours of on certain days, but you need to reserve in advance. They will ship orchids back to you, or you can take pre-packaged baby orchids home with you which are certified for transport back to the mainland. A cool place! A tour bus even stopped by while we were there.