“I Love Orchids”

$159.00*
Volcanoes National Park Adventure Tour From Kona
Ranked #3 of 18 things to do in Volcano
Reviewed March 25, 2013

If you are like me and you love Orchids, take a moment to visit the Akatsuka Gardens. It has a huge selection of beautiful and unique orchids. What a treat just walking around and enjoying the beauty of this flower.
They do ship.

Reviewed March 22, 2013

If you want to be wowed by beautiful orchids don't miss this stop. It looks like tranparent greenhouses from the road and a lot of the greenhouses aren't open to the public but what is open is worth the stop. They had more varieties than I could have imagined. They sold them in all sizes. They gave all of us an ochid to wear in our hair. I thought the prices, less than $10.00, for Lady Slippers was great.

1  Thank fishingchic
Reviewed March 20, 2013

Want to look at beautiful and unexpected orchids? This place will blow your mind! It is a working nursery, but if you don't want to buy anything, you don't have to. You can take pictures and sniff to your heart's content. Just watch out for the tour buses!

Reviewed March 16, 2013

This place has a great history, and beautiful orchids. If only we could have brought it all home with us! Very easy to find. Nice little stop, you can actually see the growing process of these beautiful plants.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

I'm a guy that plays guitar, and likes football and orchids. Deal with it. Every vacation to the big island, I drag my wife in here and buy orchids. She indulges me. Their stock is hardy and varied, and the staff is very helpful. I can almost always get their orchids to rebloom. If these plants die, it's your fault, really. They arrange delivery for your purchase after your arrival home and your orchids arrive adeptly packed and ready for display. Their prices are excellent and they have many unique cultivars.