“Perfect place for a Honeymoon”
Review of Volcano Places

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Volcano
Volcano Places
Ranked #10 of 31 Volcano B&B and Inns
Ottawa, Canada
“Perfect place for a Honeymoon”
Reviewed July 23, 2013

We stayed in Nohea for 3 nights while on our honeymoon. It was absolutely beautiful and we enjoyed every moment we were there. The cottage itself is stunning and perfect for a couple. It is surrounded by rainforest and there are windows all around to enjoy the nature. We loved using the hot tub after spending the day exploring the Volcano Park.
The owner is such a wonderful woman and she came by one morning and showed us maps of the island and gave us a ton of great info about the volcano history. She was very friendly but also gave us our privacy the rest of the time.
I would love to come back here again and I would certainly recommend it to anyone going to Hawaii.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Utica, New York
Reviewed July 19, 2013

My wife and I spent 3 nights here during our honeymoon before heading to Kona. Kathryn was very nice and informative. I "poor reviewer" stated that she left difficult directions or something to that effect. Either that person must not be very smart or Kathryn only gives directions to some people and not others, my guess is the prior. The owners were in constant email contact. The directions were EXACT, to the tenth of a mile. I even turned off the GPS and had my wife read the email and we were sent directly to the doorstep.
The park is VERY close to this place so it was convenient. Beware that the town is pretty remote with a convenience store and a couple restaurants but not much else. Luckily the cottages have pots, pans, coffee, etc so you can cook there.
On our third night there was a problem with our cottage that was beyond the owners control. She immediately booked us a room at another local inn which gave us a lot of peace of mind, we were very happy that she accommodated us in such a way. The only reason I said very good instead of excellent was that we did see some small areas with mold in the bathroom. It was not a big deal and I certainly understand that it is a moist rainforest. Other than that the accommodation was extremely CLEAN and NEAT!

Room Tip: Buy groceries before you drive into town because you will pay for convenience at local store when yo...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Doylestown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 14, 2013

This was our first visit to The Big Island. We were booked at one of the resorts on the Kohala Coast and it looked like a long drive to the Volcano area. I decided to book a rental in the Volcano area for 3 nights and then go to the resort area for the last 4 nights. It was the best decision, we flew into Kona and drove 3 hrs to Volcano Places. Kathryn was there to greet us and was extremely friendly and helpful. The cottage was in a great area, clean, and comfortable. Kathryn was there to show us the cottage but even more important she gave us suggestions and share her knowledge of the Volcano area which made our visit even better. Not a lot of restaurants. The Lava Rock Cafe has a nice breakfast.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Minnesota
Reviewed July 6, 2013

I first stayed at Volcano Places in 2010; I returned in April 2013. Volcano is a hamlet just a couple of minutes from the entrance to Hawai'i Volcanos National Park. The town is in the Hawaiian rain forest, at about 3500 feet, such that it does not get hot and there is always plenty of shade. We stayed in the Bungalow, a lovely and very comfortable cottage with two bedrooms, a full kitchen, a sleep sofa (futon), and a lovely little deck opening into the forest. The town is about 30 miles from Hilo (itself a very laid back, pleasant place) and, in the other direction, about 20 miles away from black sand beaches and some of the southern coffee plantations. Not convenient to the Kona coast, but I viewed that as a plus!

Room Tip: Cottages are scattered around town; I have seen only the Bungalow
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank Stoffregen
Rocklin, California
Reviewed June 26, 2013

My wife and I stayed for a couple of nights while visiting the National Park. The owner, Katheryn, greeted us when we got in and gave us the full details on the Park. The place was very nice, well done, and maintained. It's within 5 minutes of the park entrance. I highly recommend this place!

1 Thank BillK59
Sykesville
Reviewed June 20, 2013

The proprietor Katheryn was very kind and took time to talk to us about Volcano Villiage and the park. She had good tips and lots of interesting resource material that we found very useful.

Be aware that there are not a lot of food options in the villiage and some of those are only open for lunch. Plan on using the kitchen at the cabin for some meals.

2 Thank MartyH2002
california
Reviewed June 15, 2013

Kate's cottages are wonderful and have everything like home. We also love the lush garden and lanai for a rest. Owner Kathryn is so thoughtful in all details. Her high standard in the supplies - organic cereals, fair trade products, beautiful tea set and pottery bowls. I like Kathryn cares about ecosystem, she even put a compost bin in each cottage. Love it, hope we could go back soon.

2 Thank savorymom
Also consider these accommodations in or near Volcano
Chalet Kilauea
#1 of 31 in Volcano
Hale Ohia Cottages
Hale Ohia Cottages
#3 of 20 in Volcano

Been to Volcano Places? Share your experiences!