We stayed in Cottage 44 in early November. It's a lovely location, and easy to get across the highway to town for the farmers market and dining. It's a great location to explore Volcano National Park. It really is about a 5 minute drive to the park!
The kitchen is a fridge/coffee maker/sink only. No microwave or cooking. It would have been nice to have at least a microwave to help prepare food.
There was no road noise or disturbances. It was a very nice gardened location.
My main issue with the room is the heating. The room is heated with a gas fireplace in the middle of the cottage. The bedroom is down 5' or so from the living room level and the old water-tower walls have lots of gaps in them. That means -- at least in November -- that you're running the fireplace a lot to get it warm at the lower level of the bedroom. That gives off a lot of light and makes the "upstairs" living room and kitchen very hot. It only has an on/off setting, not adjustable. If you leave the fireplace on at night, be careful not to leave heat-sensitive things on the mantle, it will get very warm.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Volcano Hawaii vacation retreat offering an intimate destination at Hawaii Volcanoes National Park. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com and Priceline so you can book your Hale Ohia Cottages reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hale Ohia Cottages Hotel Volcano
- Hale Ohia Cottages Volcano, Hawaii