“Stunning!”

Hawaii Tropical Botanical Garden
Ranked #1 of 4 things to do in Papaikou
More attraction details
Owner description: The Hawaii Tropical Botanical Garden is a 501(c)(3) Scientific and Educational non-profit, whose mission is to serve as a nature preserve and sanctuary, a living seed bank, and a study center for trees and plants of the tropical world. The Garden is dedicated to the collection and display of the world's tropical plants,and to the education of both children and adults about the plight of the world's rainforests. At a time when rainforest plants are disappearing at an alarming rate, the Garden is working to preserve as many species as possible for the benefit of future generations.
Reviewed May 9, 2014

This was the best botanical garden I have ever been too! Stunning views of the ocean, gorgeous waterfalls, and the orchids were beautiful. I ran out of memory on my phone b/c I had taken too many pictures there.

There are newer reviews for Hawaii Tropical Botanical Garden

Reviewed May 6, 2014

I was here at the tail end of a business trip, driving from Hilo to Kona, so didn't have a lot of time. I think I breezed through in an hour, so didn't have time to stop and smell the proverbial roses, abut did get a lot of pictures! I am not a plant person, but still loved the vibrant colors and interesting shapes of the more unique varieties. If you like plants and/or flowers, this is the place for you!

Reviewed May 2, 2014

This was our first visit to the gardens and maybe sometime we will have a chance to go again. An absolutely beautiful, well-maintained place with hundreds of exotic tropical plants! The gardens are just lovely and many plants have signs so I could note what I was seeing. Being set on Onomea Bay, a part of the gardens has great views of the coast line as well as a small waterfalls.

There are various sections to the garden and one featured a good variety of orchids, another heliconia, another anthyriums.

For those who cannot walk down the fairly steep first section of the walkway, there are golf carts for $5. The garden entry fee is $15, but well worth it. If you go to only one garden this is the one to go to!!

2  Thank JCCCLC86
Reviewed April 26, 2014

family of 5 visited here. spent approx. 90min going through entire pathways.
if you are physically challenged, be warned, if you walk down, you need to walk back up. our youngest did well, but was exhausted coming back up. they have done improvements to path and bridgeway, it is much smoother and better grip for walking.
the beauty and just overall scenery there is amazing. the flora as previous posters have mentioned, is a photographers dream. crazy good.
we were lucky enough to have no rain or issues weather wise while there. if raining, will be crazy humid and hot in the bottom area.

2  Thank Aaron_kristen
Reviewed April 24, 2014

We enjoyed the various garden themes throughout the ravine. Every 6 to 15 feet you would find yourself amongst a new tropical paradise. The flowers were vibrant and varied. The falls, the creek and the ocean are an incredible backdrop and scene for the tale told throughout the garden. My 11 year old and 15 year old sons were at first skeptical but this was quickly lost when they began reading and taking photos of the surroundings. If we did not have the boys with us, we would have easily spent more time in the nooks and crannies of the garden.

1  Thank Heather C