“Second time's a charm!”

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Keaau, Hawaii
“Second time's a charm!”
Reviewed February 3, 2013

Ate here several years ago and really didn't care for it. That being said, after reading rave reviews and having friends that swear by Paolo, I decided to give it a second chance - and am I glad I did! Wow!
I had the lamb shanks and they were delicious. Simmered in a delicate tomato sauce, they were moist, meaty and tender - a true comfort food! The homemade Gnocchi was also out of this world. The atmosphere is comfortable and homey, the service attentive and Paolo is a real charmer! The friends I went with have been coming here since he first opened and Paolo has even created a vegan dish in their honor. All six of us thoroughly loved our dinners and I can happily add Paolo's to my favorites list!

• Visited January 2013

• Polish first
Pahoa, Hawaii
“Tasty!”
Reviewed January 22, 2013

Good service and good food. Paolo's is a nice place to eat and we will be back, though on our budget it will be a place for special occasions...

Visited December 2012
1 Thank patfromlogan
Island of Hawaii, Hawaii
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“True Italian”
Reviewed December 19, 2012

This is a hidden gem. If you want true authentic Italian food this is the place. Homemade pasta with squid ink, lovely fish dishes, ravioli is the best. The decor looks like you are at home. Bring a bottle of wine and dine. You won't be sorry. But... make reservations it fills up by 7:00

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank Bigislandgirl002
Kootenay National Park, Canada
“Excellent quality.”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

This Italian restaurant is a little gem in a funky, little town called Pahoa on the Big Island. Paolo, himself, prepares the entrees and comes to check with his clientele to make sure you are satisfied, sometimes carrying on long and very interesting conversations - quite a friendly and relaxing atmosphere. Everything is served very hot and very fresh. The Osso Bucco is to die for - as are all of the creative pasta dishes. When visiting the Island, we try to visit Paolo's every two weeks and never tire of what is offered.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank silverqueen_10
“We were looking forward to eating here, but we were blown away!”
Reviewed December 2, 2012

Paola's was outstanding! It is warmly decorated and very welcoming! There were so many specials that is was hard to choose! My husband had the black pasta with seafood and didn't look up while eating it - it was so good. I had the ravioli bandiera and loved it. The pesto was amazing! We also had the gnocchi for an appetizer and were so glad we did. After a long hike to see the flowing lava, this meal really hit the spot! And the tiramisu was fabulous! I love tiramisu and this tiramisu is one of my favorites!!! Don't miss out on this delicious Italian restaurant. The service was great and the owner likes to stop and talk to his guests! What a great way to spend a wonderful vacation evening!

2 Thank Jnland