“Don't miss this...”

Ranked #4 of 36 Restaurants in Pahoa
Cuisines: Hawaiian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Chef-grown organic produce in most meals, in a rainbow of colors and flavors, in an intimate cafe setting in historic Old Pahoa town. We have wonderfully eclectic tastes for the gourmet as well as vegans who just want "REAL" food. Most of our customers compliment us on how beautiful our food looks as well as how great it tastes, and for the price, it is a deal well worth the drive from Kona! We are in lava zone 1, so, you may have traffic, vog, or Lava to contend with, but you may also have the best time in your life coming here!
Oceanside, California, United States
“Don't miss this...”
Reviewed June 13, 2013

We wandered into one of the cutest towns ever and found this great restaurant. You are treated like one of the family, by staff and patrons alike, and the food was awesome!! Auntie Liz advised I get the onion rings, fresh cut and fried in tempura - yum! I had the pulled pork sandwich, which was wonderful. My husband had the fish sandwich - mahi mahi - and said it was the best he had ever had (and he's had a few, trust me!!) The greens are grown in their garden and served with homemade dressing. Gotta go, we are going back for breakfast now :)

1 Thank Justine S

Appleton, Wisconsin
“Good food, positive mood, and awesome service!”
Reviewed June 9, 2013

One can't go wrong when they stop into Pele's Kitchen. First, they are greeted with a warm aloha from Liz, co-owner of the restaurant; then, they are intoxicated with the aroma's coming out of Chef Steven's kitchen where he makes homemade meals from breakfast skillets to top-notch local Ono and everything in between. The place is a must see in Pahoa, especially if you're into farm-fresh, non-GMO ingredients. Liz and Steven create an environment that is as inviting as your grandma's chocolate-chip cookies. I love this restaurant, and went twice a week for about two months until I left the island. I can't wait to go back and remember what true satisfaction tastes like.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank emeul
“Amazing!”
Reviewed June 7, 2013

My husband and I stopped here after a lava boat tour on our way to the airport and we could not be happier we drove by this place. Cute atmosphere, very pleasant owner/staff, and the food is incredible. Fresh everything. Homemade everything. This place is an absolute must!!!!

1 Thank Sarah_emily317
Portland
“Pele's Kitchen Brings the Aloha with some Delicious Eats”
Reviewed June 4, 2013

I can't get enough of this place. I have been eating here almost every day since I arrived and the food keeps getting better. I have tried a few other places in town but I always end up back here. I have tried almost everything on the menu and I have yet to find something I don't like. Every dish comes with a side of Aloha and boy do they know how to serve it. I would give it an 11 out of 10.

2 Thank ChristianFooks
“Best food in Pahoa, made with aloha.”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

This place is such a gem and well worth the drive to Pahoa. Absolutely delicious food, made from scratch everyday by chef Steven, and awesome service from Liz-- the coolest chick in town! Killer breakfast. Gluten free pancakes with coconut syrup = heaven. The vegan plate is amazing. The mojito garlic fries are excellent. Lilicoi Ono is yum yummy. And they have sushi! You've got to try Keiji's sushi! I love this little restaurant. I have eaten there a dozen times and will keep going back as long as the doors are open.

• Visited April 2013