“Great Thai Food. Slow service but worth the wait on our visit”

Ning's Thai Cuisine
Ranked #3 of 37 Restaurants in Pahoa
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed October 16, 2010

Good fresh food. Great lunch specials. Some of the better Thai we had while visiting HI, both on and off the Big Island.

Reviewed September 23, 2010

We stumbled across this place while staying at a B&B up the road. Its a real gem. It was so good that we went back the next night and ate much of the same order :-)

The green curry is one of the best I've ever had - rich full of exotic vegetables. And I'd have to say that this was best probably Thai food I've had outside of Thailand (which I've visits dozens of time for work & play). So highly recommended.

Our only small complaint was that when you have such great Thai food, you really want a Singa beer or two to wash it down but they don't have an alcohol license. A small problem though ...

Reviewed May 6, 2010

This is in a little town outside of Volcano, not too far and on way to the Volcano park. It's on a funky street with a few other restaurants as well. The thai was very good. We had: pumpkin curry, pineapple curry and pad thai. All wonderfully prepared, good spices. If you want it hot (peppery) you will need to point that out. The waitstaff were charming as well. And the price was perfect!

Reviewed February 12, 2010

We ate at Ning's a couple of times during our week+ stay in the Pahoa area. The food was very good. Like most of the establishments in Pahoa (except for Kaleos), the service was a bit slow but, very friendly when they did show up. We were on island time so, no worries. My only complaint was they were a little stingy with the rice. I believe curry dishes should be eaten over rice, not as soup with a little bit of rice on the side.

Reviewed January 24, 2010

We ate at Ning's one night, and found it to be good food at a decent price (not always the case, believe me!), plus the server was very efficient and the place was very friendly. We sat right by their open "window" (no glass) so it was like eating outside on a wonderful, warm night. I'd go back!