“great thai food”

Ranked #3 of 37 Restaurants in Pahoa
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed February 5, 2013

just the best thai food on the island,
well just THE best restaurant on the island. too badthat all restaurants close so early, by 9pm, this could be changed, it could be more tourist-friendly. ....

Reviewed January 22, 2013

Fair priced meals. Food is not exceptional, but good enough to quench a Thai craving. The seafood is very good in the dishes. The Panang curry was not the best I have ever had, but maybe that was due to my mouth being in flames. Be forwarned: at this restaurant hot dish is really a three alarm fire in your mouth. I didn't notice the sign on the wall saying no refunds or redox on any orders medium spice or hotter, and the waitress did not make any fair warnings. It was fine, and later with a can of coconut milk made a fine second dinner! A tasty Thai iced tea will quench your thirst. We had no trouble with service as mentioned in other reviews.

Reviewed January 18, 2013

The summer rolls were great. The main dishes were barely average, but hey, it's a small town in Hawaii...

Reviewed January 15, 2013

This is probably the most bland, tasteless basil chicken dish I have every had, and that is my go to dish at every Thai restaurant I try. I ordered in medium and it was kind of spicy - a very slow heat though, which I am not used to with Thai. There was barely any sauce on the chicken/veggie mix and virtually no taste. My husband got the same thing "hot" and was happy that it was actually fairly hot. He liked his more than I did, but the service was very poor. We were the only ones in there for a long time and she only checked on us a couple of times - we could have used some extra napkins and might have ordered something else, but she never asked.

Reviewed January 14, 2013

If you like Thai, go. This is a great family run restaurant, fast kitchen and attentive service. Best green curry on the Island!