“Creative and tasty Thai food”

Ning's Thai Cuisine
Ranked #3 of 37 Restaurants in Pahoa
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed January 10, 2013

My cousin who lives in Kapoho nearby suggested going to Ning's for lunch, and we were glad we did. We had summer rolls, which came with a tangy sour sauce as well as the typical peanut sauce. They were fresh and tasty. We had the pumpkin curry with chicken lunch special, which we order hot (not Thai-hot, which is usually to much for me). This was just the right amount of heat for me, and I thorughly enjoyed it. The brown rice was actually black rice, sem-sweet and extra tasty. The lunch special featured large portions and very good prices. The decor is simple, but pretty.

I will definately eat here again.

Reviewed January 8, 2013

Welcoming and sweet staff but overwhelmed even when the place isn't full. The food is good but not great and skews on the HOT side. (their medium = scalding to me.) Pad Thai is LOUSY but the green curry is great and the spring rolls are pretty good (not enough rice noodles but good flavor.)

Reviewed January 5, 2013

The appetizers (calamari and spring rolls) were really nice and the dips are delicious. The main courses also exceeded our expectations. It was really tasty and we liked it the the waiter asked us if we prefer it more or less spicy! Good place to go!!!!

Reviewed December 31, 2012

I have little bad to say about this place, maybe that it is byob - but even then, there is a packaged goods store right across the street. The food is just amazing. Everything. The cafe is small, but come on its Pahoa - that is part of the charm.

I am a huge fan of the basil and ginger dish - I go weekly and alternate them.

Reviewed December 20, 2012 via mobile

We'd dinner here last october very late and they kindly did welcome us. We'd soups and other fish plates. All was great.
Real Thai food in Pahoa!!