“Best restaurant on the east side of the island”

Kaleo's Bar & Grill
Ranked #1 of 37 Restaurants in Pahoa
Cuisines: International
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Large groups, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed October 30, 2013

On our second trip to Kapoho we ended up eating at Kaleo's three times. Twice for dinner and once for lunch. Every meal was delicious and the service was always exceptions. I highly recommend the mahi-mahi specials, pork wontons, and the mahi-mahi tempura.

Cocktails are wonderful as is the service if you haven't tried a lava flow this is a great spot to order one. Best of all they have great musicians during the dinner hour who provide the perfect low key compliment to an evening out on the Island.

There are newer reviews for Kaleo's Bar & Grill

Reviewed October 30, 2013 via mobile

Food is very good. Hamburger was a little more done than I would have preferred. Ribs were spot on. Calamari is definitely worth the cost. Service was personal and friendly.

Reviewed October 29, 2013

This is a wonderful restaurant I had the pleasure of celebrating my 60th birthday at this year. Our server Barb (love ya girl)
made the evening so special. She even sang Happy Birthday to me. The food was delicious and the atmosphere great. Try it and you will not be sorry, and for the best server, ask for Barb

Reviewed October 28, 2013

In the small village of Pahoa we were so glad to find this oasis, that we even went twice in a row. The service was excellent, very friendly. Good cocktails! Food was very fresh and very flavorful. Very creative. Live music (might not be everybody's taste, but you're in Hawaii). Nice ambiance.
We definitely preferred the tables outside (the road is not very busy).
A bit pricy, but worth it.

Reviewed October 26, 2013

Kaleo's is a hoppin' little place in the heart of Pahoa, and I mean this quite literally for as soon as we pulled into the parking lot, there was someone running and hopping to guide us into a parking space! Yes, it was that busy, and we probably should have had a reservation, but they managed to find us a space in the outside seating area. The waitress was quite attentive and the menu had a great variety of dishes. I ordered the coconut crusted fresh fish with lilikoi sauce, my son had chicken katsu, and my husband ate a mighty fine plate of Kalbi ribs. Everything was super delicious! We shared a warm lava cake for dessert (a fitting way to end a day of sightseeing at the volcano). We would have liked to have tried the lilikoi cheesecake but it was already sold out by the time we finished dinner. It was twilight when we left the restaurant and the coqui frogs were already starting their chorus for the night. What a fine restaurant to have a meal at!