“Very Good Local Style Food”
Review of Shaka Restaurant

Shaka Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 12 Restaurants in Naalehu
Cuisines: Hawaiian
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night
Reviewed November 10, 2012

This family run restaurant has very good local style food, nice servers, and friendly atmosphere. I would not hesitate to recommend it to friends.

Reviewed October 30, 2012 via mobile

The wife and I stopped by after a full day at the volcanoes. She had chicken Katsu and I had a burger. Her chicken was great and the soup that came with was amazing. Unfortunately my burger wasn't that good. Great people work there and made us feel right at home. Good beer options in bottle too.

Reviewed October 22, 2012

We stopped in here on our way to Punalu'u black sand beach, and I have to say I wasn't expecting much but this place surprised me. We both ordered burgers and they were fantastic, quick service, nice waitress.The place is a little run down but the food was great. And I picked up a t-shirt there because it's not everyday you go to the southern most bar in the USA. I assume it was the owner of the place, a big lady who was super nice made sure our food was ok and we chatted with her for a while outside after we were done eating, she gave us some advice on local food and places to go. As we found with just about every stop we made in HI, the people are friendly and giving and love to just chat. I bought a cute necklace/earring set that her husband made there as well. Overall it's a nice place to stop, esp after a long drive from Kona with little to no places to stop for food or bathroom breaks!

Reviewed June 27, 2012

Great kalua pig and cabbage! Service was friendly and a good respite after visiting South Point

Reviewed April 16, 2012

I am not scoring it in negative because it's impossible... We spent one week in Hawaii, mostly in the North and West, two of these days in Naalehu. All our impressions of the area are wonderful except for this place. The service was lousy, slow, the waitress even was rude! The quality of the food was horrible, I understand this is not a fancy place, but we have eaten in this island in similar places (as the Lava Rock Cafe in Volcano) for better prizes and far better quality. The general impression is that you are just an annoyance for them, not a client. And let's not talk about the general "cleanness" of the place... The place has not been well cleaned for almost six months...

3  Thank yomisma01