“Good Food”

Shaka Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 12 Restaurants in Naalehu
Cuisines: American, Bar, Hawaiian
Good for: Kids, Local cuisine, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Full Bar, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Hollywood fl
“Good Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2012

Small but nice place. Friendly host. Food was good especially the native fish

Visited April 2012

Pleasant Grove, Utah
“Good place to stop while passing through.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2012

We decided to stop in on our way back to Kona, since it was the only place open after 7:30pm. I ordered the Loco Moco, and it was the best meal I had eaten in a long time. I would recommend it. The others enjoyed the fish and chips, and cheeseburger.

The service was ok. The waitress was trying to clean up for closing, so she seemed a little distracted.

All in all, It was a good place. I would go somewhere else if you are expecting fine dining, but if you want to have some good local food, I would give it a try.

Climax, Michigan
“Well, the Friday night music was pleasant.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2012

Needs a good cleaning...but the music was pleasant.

Hilo, Hawaii
“Bad service, bad food, overpriced - nothing interesting to see here!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2011

Thought it would be cool to stop at the 'Southernmost Bar' in America. WRONG! Service was about as terrible as I've ever experienced. Waitress did not greet us, took forever to get menus & had to wave at her to let her know we were ready to order. We ordered first, but the ONLY other customers there got their food first, had to ask for water and refills. Waitress was obviously very unhappy to be there and generally acted like she wished we weren't there to bother her. Menu is nothing special either and overpriced for what you get. We ordered the Fish & Chips - got 4 small slivers of fish & fires, also ordered Shrimp & Chips - 4 little shrimp and fries for $12 bucks a basket. Not once did I feel in any way welcomed and would not recommend this place unless you were really starving--but it would still be faster to go to the quick-stop and get a frozen burrito. I did leave a $3 tip cuz I felt bad for how unhappy the waitress is. I recommend the bakery across the street, at least they treat you like you are alive and seem quite happy to have you spend your money there. I will never go back.

• Visited September 2011
3 Thank Susan M
Bakersfield, California
“Loud and Unpleasant”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2011

I was unable to enjoy my lunch because of the loud and raucous shrieking of several women in the restaurant. I'm not even sure if they ate there or were just friends with the owner or waitress. Their loud shrieking pounded daggers of pain into my ears. I would have left except there was no place else to eat around there. I would not go back there. I felt a lot of hostility. I have no complaints about the burger and fries.

• Visited September 2011