Firenesia Luau - CLOSED
Review Highlights
Skip it; or watch from lobby windows.

The food was better than expected and we had some nice table mates. But that's where the... read more

Reviewed October 21, 2010
travel0723
St. Louis USA
Where do I start

Reviewed September 12, 2010
DJWally
Denver, Colorado

See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed November 19, 2010

We watched this luau for free from the balcony and wanted our time back it was so bad. We read other reviews so we figured we would watch it from the balcony and it was definetly as bad as everyone says it is. Do not waste your money on this luau, there are so many other authentic luaus with live music and singing. We have been to seven luaus on different islands and this is the first time we have seen a luau where they lip sync and play recorded music. Every luau we have ever been to had live singing and live instruments. This was just so 70's and cheezy.

3  Thank happygirlNorCal
Reviewed October 21, 2010

The food was better than expected and we had some nice table mates.

But that's where the compliments stop.
This was definitely the cheesiest luau performance I've been too. The first indication was the lip synching. The second indication was the poorly synchronized dancing. ( Later in our trip we saw a local hula troop at a shopping center and they did better than this 'professional' group. ) The company that presents this, Island Breezes, also puts on other shows on the island. Based on the production values of this show, I would guess that the other Island Breezes shows on the big island won't be any better. "Gathering of the Kings" and "Island Breeze Luau".

This show is staged at the Sheraton Keauhou.
You can actually watch this show for "free" from the hotel lobby windows or if you have a room overlooking it.

Reviewed September 12, 2010

We did the VIP package for seating up front and table service. Table service included someone coming by once with a bowl of nuts.

The buffet was actually pretty good food. Better than I expected!

The individuals performing in the show are talented. The show itself is so silly with horrible music like from a bad 70's variety show.

The bar closes when the show starts... just when you REALLY need a drink.

We met two other couples at our table who felt the same- and we had SO much fun with them after the show and a few other times that week. So strangely I am glad I went to Firenesia!

2  Thank DJWally
Reviewed July 14, 2010

I only bought tickets to this event because it was part of a conference I was attending at the Sherraton Keauhou Resort. I have been to many Luau events in the past and this is NOT athentic. The food was better than some, the free Mai-Tai drinks were so watered down that 5 didn't even give me a buzz, and the show was rather corny. Obviously, an attempt to squeeze in an example of each type of Polynesian dance (Maori, Samoan, Tahatian, Fijian, Hawaiian), along with fire dancing, into a lip-synched production. I was not impressed.

2  Thank Flying99
Reviewed March 24, 2010

We were looking for an authentic luau (like most folks in HI) and this was suggested to us. Well for starters, it was raining so we were ushered into the hotel banquet hall Can you say "Aloooooohaaaa". The seating was wedding style round tables with watered down Mi-Tai's, marginal food buffet (the pork was good) and the most cheesiest show you've ever seen. Lip-sync'd performers on a raised platform in a banquet hall....How authentic! Even the story line was bad. The ONLY things that made the event even remotely nice was moving us outside to watch the fire baton twirling (10 minutes) and that we met a nice family from Norway and had good dinner conversation.

1  Thank hogridinfool