Open today: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Review Highlights
Manta Ray Night Snorkel

One of my friends recommended the night snorkel with Manta Rays while in Hawai'i. I've googled the... read more

Reviewed yesterday
coincidence13
Swindon, United Kingdom
via mobile
Manta Ray Snorkle

Had an amazing time on this excursion. Awesome experience without spending hours on a boat to get... read more

Reviewed yesterday
Jmbrodrick2
via mobile

Recommended experiences in and around Kealakekua
from $123.96
from $75.00
from $229.00
1,314 results
All reviews manta ray snorkel within inches captain dave amazing experience boat ride these gentle giants small boat wet suits night swim once in a lifetime the big island through groupon small group dolphin tour whale watching night manta these guys
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We booked this through Groupon and it was well worth the money! I would’ve paid more if it wasn’t on Groupon! The staff John captain, Max-greeter, Josh-greeter and Adam-diver were nothing short of amazing. I was a little nervous to swim at night but the experience with the blue lights and other boats was mind blowing and one of the greatest things I’ve ever done in my life. We saw many mantas right from when we entered in the water, I wish I could’ve been there for like 2 hours haha! This tour company is great because there are only 6 ppl on the tour and board with you where they give you ankle floats so you don’t have to exert any effort! Other companies had lots of other people.

Date of experience: September 2019
161myk, General Manager at My Kona Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded 6 days ago

What an awesome review!
Thank you so much for choosing us!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The staff was very upbeat and knowledgeable. We saw plenty of Manta Rays, some came as close as six inches away from us. Very cool experience and highly recommended

Date of experience: September 2019

Thank you for choosing us!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

First of all team was very positive all the time and helped us all around from wearing swimsuits and getting to the board to getting to the water and watching spectacular MANTA RAYS. It was SOOOO amazing, one of the best experiences in my life. You should have it in your bucket list.

Date of experience: September 2019

Thank you so much for your great review...and for choosing us!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The manta snorkel was one of the highlights of our vacation. We couldn't have been happier with My Kona Adventures as a tour company. It really took a team effort to run their operation, and they all did their part well (there were too many of them to remember all of their names, sorry). The guy by the boat landing prepped us for what would happen. Then we got on the boat and the captain gave his safety talk before we took a 2 minute boat ride (literally) to the manta area. Two instructors were in the water with the lighted paddle board. Although I am a decent swimmer, I am still a novice in the ocean... And, there's something slightly terrifying about getting into the vast ocean when it is pitch black out... But things moved quickly and there wasn't much time to hesitate. Plus, once you are in the water and start looking for cool stuff, you forget you are even in the ocean; you are just having fun. We all hopped in the water and grabbed on to the board. We floated around for probably 5-10 minutes, just seeing smaller schools of fish. Then the mantas came! They were huge and they were close... So close that I squealed through my snorkel when I first saw one! We saw a total of 4 beautiful mantas. The only one I can remember the name of is Amanda Ray. When it was time to get out of the water, we had our fill, although I could have stayed out for hours! On the boat ride back, we had a few bottlenose dolphins swim right along with the boat... There was even a little baby one! It was truly an unforgettable time.

We chose to go with My Kona Adventures because they take very small groups of people out. We decided on the latest tour at 11pm because I thought if there were less boats out, the mantas would have fewer lights to choose from, and we would get to see more of them. I don't know if my strategy worked or if we just got lucky. But I did talk to another couple the next morning who had gone out with a different company right after sunset, and they got to see one manta... So we felt pretty lucky. I would definitely do this again, and I wouldn't do it with any other company!

Date of experience: September 2019

What a great review. Thrilled that you had an unforgettable time. Thank you for choosing us!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Went on Tuesday the 10th at 10:20PM. Location was easy to find with Google Maps and we arrived 30 minutes early (as directed). The staff who met us at the tent was friendly and let us know that we are the only ones in the group in that specific time slot (which doesn't happen often). Then as soon as the group before us arrived back, we were RUSHED to get our wetsuits on, put our stuff away, and get on the boat. The snorkelling itself was as long as expected and then we were rushed again to get off the boat and change out of the equipment. There was hardly any time before and after to ask questions or to get a picture even though we arrived early. We were out of there is less than an hour I assume (maybe 45 minutes? 3O minutes of snorkelling as promised (which was great!) and 15 minutes of rushed explanations). It felt like the staff took advantage that it was only the two of us to get ahead of schedule/get the next group out sooner or something).

The staff who was in the water was great!!! He told us many interesting facts (with great enthusiasm) about manta rays as we were snorkelling. We saw a reef shark and 1 manta ray who was majestic. The Groupon price is reasonable considering how rushed it seems - but we would not pay full price for the same experience. If you are stapped on time and want to see the manta rays quick/cheaper, this is your tour. Otherwise, pick another company to go with.

All in all, mantas are amazing!

Date of experience: September 2019
161myk, General Manager at My Kona Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Aloha Erica,

So sorry you felt that you were rushed. It may have seemed like it to you but I assure you we were not rushing you or do we rush anyone. Of course, only if they arrive late and may miss their boat, only in that case do we. We do not get anywhere or anything out of getting tours out sooner. However, I am so sorry you felt rushed, our apologies.

We are glad to read that your water time and guide were great but so sad to see that you you would pick another company to go; We truly wish you would have voiced your concern when you returned as we would have made certain to make you feel better about your personal experience.

So sorry, again. Thank you for your review!