“We're full...but we'll still eat some!”
Review of Gio's Gelato and Italian Pastry - CLOSED

Gio's Gelato and Italian Pastry
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed December 26, 2012

We ate lunch at Annie's next door to Gio's, and my Dad went into browse Gio's afterwards. He came outside and said, "I'm getting gelato. Anyone want some?" Nah, we all replied. But, we followed him inside anyway. Several tastes later, we walked out with four generous servings of some of the best gelato I've had. Choc coffee mac nut, lilikoi (passion fruit), guava, kona coffee, sweet cream - all made right there. Enough said. :)

There are newer reviews for Gio's Gelato and Italian Pastry

Reviewed December 1, 2012

I suggest that you give this place a try!!! The gelato is just like ithe gelato that we had in Italy probably because Gio is from Italy. I tried to brush up on my rusty Italian while visiting his shop almost every day. Great food nice service and grade A gelato and pasteries. Don't miss it!

Reviewed December 1, 2012

There's not much to say. Nice small dessert spot to enjoy after you've stuffed yourself with a burger at Annie's. They've got quite a selection of gelato and other sweets that look delicious as well, including small cannoli and other single serving treats. While we enjoyed gelato on this occasion, we will take a pastry to go next time since we will be going back.

Reviewed November 23, 2012

I am a gelato snob, and the gelato at this place Is some of the best I've had. The flavors are intense and the variety is impressive. The pastries are also very good. It is such a treat to have food of this quality in a sparsely populated part of the Big Island. I hope every tourist who drives through Kealakelua will give this place a try. Remember that gelato had much less fat than ice cream. It is made with milk.

Reviewed November 9, 2012

If you only eat at one place while on the big island this is it. OK, so this isn't a restaurant. But it is the best taste on the Island. Amazing gelato and truly fantastic pastries (Quality of which you only find in Europe and big cities). We drove by four days on our excursions and thought we should stop, but always were in too big of a rush to do so. We finally stopped for gelato on our second to last day in Hawaii. We enjoyed the gelato, but also bought a bunch of pastries, cookies, candies and meringie. Figured it would last us for the remaining two days. We were back the next morning and bought even more cause we could not stop eating it. Located on the ocean side of the highway next to a natural foods store or something like that....What are you waiting for....Go Now, and put your diet on a vacation. It is worth the guilt you may feel later.