“Random stop after a lonnnnggggg day!”
Review of Rebel Kitchen

Rebel Kitchen
Ranked #4 of 39 Restaurants in Kealakekua
Cuisines: American, Cafe, Soups
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch
Description: Family run restaurant serving ono grinds on the Big Island. Everything is made onsite using fresh and locally sourced ingredients. Open for lunch and dinner, also serve beer & wine which can be enjoyed in our awesome outdoor seating.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This place is amazing, I can’t praise it enough. My partner and I stopped for a meal after we flew in and the food and beer was amazing.

Service was great and it was a truly wonderful meal and experience... would repeat again!!

Thank you for a wonderful meal and great service!

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (348)

Reviewed September 3, 2019

We enjoyed a very complete selection of food that catered to our large group of diverse people including both vegan, vegetarian and meat eaters. All were very pleased with the food preparation, taste and service.

Date of visit: July 2019
1  Thank Melful
Reviewed August 30, 2019

My husband and I stopped in to dine in and the lady would not allow us to dine in because he had a small container of food with him. We were both planning to order but turned away. We’ve been in Hawaii a full week and this is the first and only encounter we’ve had with a rude person on the island! My advice is to keep on driving to The Coffee Shack down the road!! AMAZING view AND very friendly staff!!

Reviewed August 28, 2019 via mobile

We drove outside of Kona Town to Rebel Kitchen, way up the side of the mountain, after seeing it on Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives. It was very good! I saw the shrimp and bacon sandwich was a favorite on a restaurant review page, so I gave it a try. Very good. My family both liked their entrees too. We tried the chicken fajita wontons, which were gone in a minute, and the garlic pepperoni fries were also delicious. A great little hole in the wall. Triple D stop #95 in the books.

Reviewed August 25, 2019 via mobile

Rebel Kitchen is a great bar, with lovely food. We visited on the way back from captain cook, and it was so delicious we went back again the next day!

The blackened Ono, the shrimp and bacon sandwich, the cheesesteak, the grilled veggie burger, the creamy veggie pasta, and the garlic pepperoni fries were all delicious. They are freshly cooked and reasonably priced too.

The waitress was very friendly, and remembered us the next day!

You can buy the cool t shirts that the staff wear, a great souvenir!

Would definitely recommend.