“Yummy Breakfast Burritos”

Ranked #3 of 37 Restaurants in Kealakekua
Cuisines: American, Cafe, Soups
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch
Description: Family run restaurant serving ono grinds on the Big Island. Everything is made onsite using fresh and locally sourced ingredients. Open for lunch and dinner, also serve beer & wine which can be enjoyed in our awesome outdoor seating.
“Yummy Breakfast Burritos”
Reviewed October 4, 2012

The spin on the burrito that made it so good was portuguese sausage. Loved it! Good food, good service, easy in and out and back on the road.

Visited October 2012

Fredericksburg, Texas
“Good, Cheap Food”
Reviewed September 25, 2012

Rebel Kitchen is a nice find, a kind of Hawaiian hole in the wall that doesn't look like much from the outside and that's pretty much what it's like inside, just a few tables, order at the counter off a menu on the wall. The most expensive item is $9.00. We had a cheese steak sandwich, tasty, tender meat, onions and peppers with ample cheese on a good sour dough baguette and fried Ono on a bun with lettuce and tomato that was good, but a little short on Ono. Side of potato salad was good, but small. Fresh fruit side was good. I'd really like to give it a 3.5, it's better than average, just not 4 stars.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank 4gentexn
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Not a good experience.”
Reviewed September 5, 2012

I found a hair in my breakfast burrito. I was going to overlook it but then I found another one. They did refund my money for the 1 burrito but not before they implied that I made up the hair (so I could eat 2 free bites of a burrito I guess). The service wasn't great and they don't take credit cards. Cash only. The hairless burritos were good.

1 Thank Mssf83
Captain Cook, Hawaii
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Probably won't eat there again...”
Reviewed August 28, 2012

I went there with my son and daughter and we wanted breakfast but were rudely told that "breakfast was over." The lady at the counter had no customer service skills whatsoever, and I wanted to leave before we even ordered but my son and daughter wanted to try the food. The taste of the food was about average and was not worth the money. I will not voluntarily eat there again.

Visited August 2012
1 Thank Donna A
Los Angeles, California
“Very tasty, very cool”
Reviewed August 12, 2012

There wasn't a review for the Rebel Kitchen in our guidebook, but we rolled the dice and won big!

The food was EXCELLENT. I got to try the jerk chicken sandwich and the BBQ chicken salad, both of which were hearty, filling and super tasty. Great choice if you're looking for healthy, locally sourced and/or vegetarian food. Good atmosphere, good vibe, good Latin Jazz-type music. If they had a place like this back home I'd be a regular for sure.

We went around 2:00 PM on a weekday and had the place to ourselves. This restaurant is in a rad row of shops in general, with ample parking, public restrooms, a thrift shop and the Donkey Balls factory! A great place to stop after a morning at Captain Cook's Monument or Kealakekua Bay.

Prices are very good for the portions and quality you get.

Cash only, so head across the street to the ATM before stopping by.

• Visited August 2012