“My kind of hostel ...”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kealakekua
Pineapple Park Hostel - Kona
Reviewed October 21, 2009

I had a great stay at the Pineapple Park hostel outside of Kona. Annie was really nice and accommodating and very helpful. I had a private room with bathroom and was very impressed. It was quiet, very clean and breezy. In fact, I was really surprised to see no insects in my room whatsoever (after three nights). The kitchen was also very clean and offered loads of room to cook up a storm. Outside offered many places to sit down and relax. My only complaint was that the free wifi didn't extend to the patio and private rooms on the far side of the hostel - but I can't complain too much as it was free.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled solo
There are newer reviews for Pineapple Park Hostel - Kona

Reviewed August 30, 2009

I found Annie and Blossom to be friendly, I felt like I was staying with family rather than in a hostel, place was clean and comfortable, great kitchen facilities available, free parking. I would stay there again and I was there for 8 days/nights. No problems with bugs or anything else there. I had a very comfortable queen size bed and it was not a private room. My roommate was quiet, and courteous.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed August 4, 2009

The place is really down to earth. Annie is really helpful and cool. We just took a chance on this place to rent Kayaks and it was the best investment.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 12, 2009

I don't know why so many people have an issue with this place. It's wonderful. The beds were comfortable and dorms clean, with lots of secure space to store all your gear. The shower was great!

Yes, it's a bit out of the way, but only if you're going to do all the boring touristy things on the Big Island. It was ideal for us, and Annie is a really nice woman who suggested things we could do whilst in the area, as well as hired us equipment to snorkel and kayak.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 9, 2009

After a long talk about buying paintings, some history, buying the property in Volcano and large breasted women, I got to see the bath...a sink in the shower? Strange. You can not sit on the deck with the ocean view if you are in the Hostel. Reserved for the higher paying customers. Refrigerator stuffed with Kim chee I think belonged to the owner. This place is for sale so not much is being done to improve things -- either improving the facility or the owners attitudes.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed November 30, 2008

The owner Annie is know for her very direct way of talking to her customers and is therefore called "rude Annie" but I have to say that she is not bad. She is korean and the way she is talking might offend people but she doesn't mean it like that. Having stayed with her for 7 nights on the Kona side and also in Hilo, I have to say that she is a very nice lady. She will tell you though if she doesn't like something, e.g. a dirty kitchen.
I also met my friends Dirk and Bob there and we had a fantastic time. Pineapple Park is relaxingly quiet and I loved it there. The standard id basic, especially in the dorm but everything is really clean. I can recommend it to everybody. I miss Hawaii.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed July 22, 2008

The dormitories seem to be self-made out of wooden shelves. Everything seems to be mixed and there is no common style (or is "patchwork" the style? :-))

Anni is very, very friendly and helpful. The WLAN is for free!
(Which seems that they take the comments postet here seriously)

We were handed out a few rules but without penalty fees. There were no other rules distributed around the building. We even used a free bed in the dorm to dry our towels.

I can confirm the shower, which also includes a washbowl. However, there are three separate showers and a separate washbowl at the main building, which is right ahead. - Women have their separate shower and toilet in the main building.

The common citchen is large, but run-down. However, the pavilion before it is quite nice. There were occasionally bugs running, but maybe only one or two in total. - The fridge is large enough to store things.

The other guests there were nice. The long-staying guests are strange, but aren't there always strange guests somewhere? :)

It is a 15 minutes walk down a road in bad shape to the beach. Even a 4-WD will not easily make that road... But snorkling there (Captain Cook's Monument!) is great.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kealakekua
Manago Hotel
#5 of 14 in Kailua-Kona
Courtyard by Marriott King Kamehameha's Kona Beach Hotel
Sheraton Kona Resort & Spa at Keauhou Bay
Mermaid Dreams Bed and Breakfast

Been to Pineapple Park Hostel - Kona? Share your experiences!