“Excellent burgers and beer”

Annie's Island Fresh Burgers
Ranked #2 of 37 Restaurants in Kealakekua
Cuisines: Hawaiian
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 22, 2013

If you love beef, don't miss the guacamole burger and the red potato salad made with sweet potatoes. Veggie offerings are excellent as well, as is the selection of beers and non-alcoholic beverages. An appropriate restaurant for the entire family. And I love the wall art!

There are newer reviews for Annie's Island Fresh Burgers

Reviewed July 18, 2013

and killer desserts. The three of us shared a piece of chocolate cheesecake, and a huge chocolate chip cookie dipped in an amazing chocolate pudding! We had the garlic basil fries with our meal and ordered an extra side order. Burger was big enough for my husband and I to share. Our daughter manged happily on a chicken burger. Good food, laid back friendly vibe.

Reviewed July 17, 2013 via mobile

When you have to pay almost 15 dollar per burger, you expect something special. But after a few bites my husband looked at me and said 'honey, I like your burgers better'. Futher more the fries where almost cold and soft, the coleslaw was not my taste (to much selery seed).

So after reading other reviews here, the one getting close to mine opinion is the one of 24Bowmore. Further more I saw a review who noticed the prizes increases 40% since last year! So in my opinion over prized and hyped. Hyped probably because they use grass fed meat and local grown veggies. But if you look at the end product, it's mediocre at best

Reviewed July 16, 2013

I gave Annies a 5 star rating in March 2012. I was on the island tonight on business and made it a point to stop by again. The food prices have increased nearly 40% since last year. I had the bacon cheddar burger, it's now $15; last year it was $10 or $11. The onion rings went from $4 to $5. The burger was very good and the onion rings were batter heavy but not bad...the check was $27 for a burger, onion rings, and 2 beers...that was for one person.
They need to get the prices back within the range of the locals and tourists if they want a steady repeat business. Last year I said Annies is a must if you're within 50 miles; now I take that back because the gas & increase in their prices will set you back a few church donations. I've never heard of a burger for $15, not even in New York. You can only make ground beef so good; it's not a steak. Remember your roots; come back down so everybody can enjoy your food more often.

Reviewed July 14, 2013

Good food. A little pricey. Not the cleanest place. Friendly service. We had burgers. The kids liked their food.